What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMessage not sending pictures

olivermansfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This question has probly been asked before but my iMessage on iPad2 version 5.1.1 had stopped sending pics or vids it will still send text though, the same has happened to my girlfriends iPhone, I ve tried shutting down my iPad and have checked the settings to no luck any ideas . It just has red q mark next to it and says not delivered :mad:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this question has been asked before, and it's driving me batty as I can't figure out what's going on.

I just checked and there are no settings that will account for this. Maybe try turning iMessage off and back on again?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Don't know if this will help, but I faced the same kind of issue a while ago when my girlfriend replaced her 3GS for a 4S. When texting her, the message wasn't reaching the destination as it was trying to reach the 3GS instead of the 4S. She was able to text me, but I could not answer back, the message being stuck somewhere in Apple's servers.

After a few days of investigation, we fired up the 3GS and disconnected the account on this one, and re-configured the same account on the new 4S. It did the trick and worked as expected since then.

My guess, in that case, is that Apple's server could not handle two devices registered with the same account and the same phone number.

Pretty sure this is not your case, but maybe it will provide you with a hint...

Good luck!

s0.rand0m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out yet? Mine was working fine until YESTERDAY when I updated from iOS 5 to iOS 6. Now I can send text just fine but when I try to send a picture attachment it goes about half way in the sending status bar then stops. After about 10 or so minutes I get the red exclamation point saying "not delivered" :eek: Anyone know what's up with that nonsense? I've tried turning iMessage off and back on, tried turning my iPad off and back on, had the person I was sending to turn his off and back on etc (he's having the same issue on his end after he updated as well :/ ) HELP!

Most reactions