What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage not coming through on the other end

pcbguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all

I am currently in Iraq and have been using my ipad2 to talk to my girlfriend at home on her iphone 4S. We use the iMessage app but as of about a week ago it has quit working.

When I send a message it acts like it goes through but the little word that says "delivered" doesn't move to the bottom of the list. She isn't receiving them on her end.

When she sends me a message it comes through to my email.

I have reset mine and signed off of the imessage and signed back in. She has done the same on her end with the iphone.

Has to be something simple we are missing. Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

OP
P

pcbguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard reset? Hold the top and home button down until the apple logo comes up? Is that the hard reset?

If so we both did that also. I thought for sure that would fix it.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem and my fix: I had to have my contact to re add me and it worked. Sorry not much help I know!

Last edited:
OP
P

pcbguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try that next. Will let you know if it works.

Thanks!

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's been trouble with iMessage these last few days for me too. The little "delivered" message doesn't come up or the message fails and I have to send as text message. Hard resets have not worked for me either. I suspect there's something wrong on the Apple server end of things. It's been more stable today.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
we have to remember that iMessage is still in beta and so will have problems,sometimes i will get a message on one device and not on the others,hopefully when Mountain Lion comes we will have no problems,

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we have to remember that iMessage is still in beta and so will have problems,sometimes i will get a message on one device and not on the others,hopefully when Mountain Lion comes we will have no problems,
Mountain Lion is a desktop OS and has nothing at all to do with iOS or iMessage's implementation in iOS.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes i was forgetting that for a minute,however it IS still in beta and so will have problems

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to iMessage me for test purposes, they can do so since I know it works for me. PM me for my email address. I will attempt to help with FaceTime too, but am not often on wifi during the week.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to iMessage me for test purposes, they can do so since I know it works for me. PM me for my email address. I will attempt to help with FaceTime too, but am not often on wifi during the week.
I did that for some one on iPF and found the problem.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I think it's useful when you know it's definitely working at one end. That way you can isolate the problem quicker.

The offer stays open, but for the next few hours I'm going to be out of cell service. Not many towers where I'm about to go, but I'll check back later.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Most reactions

Latest posts