What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMeesage and FaceTime could not connect

jones.amaral

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jones and I live in Mozambique.

Recently I bought a 3rd generation iPad and I am trying to connect iMessage and FaceTime using the same account that I use on iPhone and on MacBook Air.

I want to forward SMS and calls from iPhone to iPad like I done on MacBook Air but when I try to connect I receive a message telling is not possible to connect but on my iPhone and on my MacBook Air shows the alert telling me that an iPad is using my id.

FaceTime.jpg

iMessage.jpg

iPhone Alert.PNG

Many times, the error is different, like "iMessage Activation - Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

Any idea about what is happening?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which iOS version is the iPad 3 on? The feature you're talking about is only available in iOS 8 and newer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try signing out of FaceTime and/or Messages on all your devices. Wait a while, then sign back in on all devices. This tends to reset the sharing options. Then you can go into setting on each device and fine tune what shows up where.

Sign back into the iPhone first, so the number gets registered properly.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jones ur issue will resolve, I had tip, check ur date and time is it correct.plz let the forum known.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ThirupathiReddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jones and I live in Mozambique.

Recently I bought a 3rd generation iPad and I am trying to connect iMessage and FaceTime using the same account that I use on iPhone and on MacBook Air.

I want to forward SMS and calls from iPhone to iPad like I done on MacBook Air but when I try to connect I receive a message telling is not possible to connect but on my iPhone and on my MacBook Air shows the alert telling me that an iPad is using my id.

View attachment 64184

View attachment 64185

View attachment 64186

Many times, the error is different, like "iMessage Activation - Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

Any idea about what is happening?

Reset your password and sign out from all your devices.
Try connecting now after 5 mins. Turn off your devices once

Most reactions

Latest posts