What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMAX Apps?

Citizen Lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently purchased an iPad and want to get some IMAX movies for watching when I'm on the road.

I saw an IMAX app on the iTunes store called IMAX TV that has something like 10 or 12 IMAX movies in it. Has anyone tried this app?

This link is for version 2.0 but I saw version 3.0 in the iTunes store yesterday. It's called "IMAX TV"

Thanks.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I received a response from the developer in 30 minutes which is amazing considering time differences in Australia and USA it's Tuesday am here.

It is a 4.2 issue only
Please read response
Hi, sorry about this. We have submitted an update that is compatible with Apple's newest software and await approval from Apple. iTunes will update you as soon as the update is available.

Thank you for your patience,

MoboVivo Tech Support

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there really any benefit to an IMAX movie on an iPad? I kinda think that is something you really need to see in an IMAX theater. Or am I missing something?

Michael

OP
C

Citizen Lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just the theatre

Well, in my town (and when I'm travelling, I'm missing the IMAX Theatre :)

Colin - Agreed, that's an amazing response time. Gives me enough confidence to download the app.

CL

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
There's already 3D iPad apps out there that you wear 3D glasses with, so it's only a matter of time until they bring an IMAX-esque experience to the iPad.

lxdesign

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sweeneyimages.com
Is there really any benefit to an IMAX movie on an iPad? I kinda think that is something you really need to see in an IMAX theater. Or am I missing something?

Michael

The point is that they want to be able to watch the movie -- content is sometimes more important than the experience. But I do agree.... seeing an IMAX film in an IMAX theatre is awesome, and totally worth the time spent.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is exactly right our imax theatre closed in Brisbane however i wanted to see the movies regardless just for the quality of production so I purchased the program I think12 movies are included and they are great

OP
C

Citizen Lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool!

Col,

I sent MoboVivo support a note asking about other IMAX apps -- the CEO got back to me, said thanks for posting on ipadforums.net and gave me a code for another app. Cool company man.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is excellent to have support like that my partner and I will be driving 3000 k to melbourne and back during summer in Jan we want to watch some movies etc on our stop overs so taking the ipad with us. Imax movies are different and enjoyable so we will preloaded a few before we leave.

Most reactions