What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imap sent mail

JackoDuker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have an imap account with different maps.
Due to the multiple apparatus I had two folders with sent item, the folder SENT and SENT MESSAGES.

I migrated all to sent message and directed in my iPhone and iPad the folder sent items towards the sent messages via settings for that specific account.

This resulted in all sent temsin one folder. On my MacBook Pro and iMac I have all sent items chronically in the sent folder.

The problem is that in the iPad and iPhone I miss for about 1,5 year of sent messages....only the last four sent items are now listed.

I have deleted my account on the iPad and build it up again, and still I miss all those"lost" mails.

Who knows the solution for this problem??

Thanks

Jacko.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you know, the IMAP protocol provides a virtual 'window' from your iPad onto your email server. So your iPad should reflect precisely the structure - folders and emails - that exist on that server. If you use webmail to examine the email server, can you see the 'missing' messages?

Tim

OP
J

JackoDuker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Tim,

The webmail view is also the one I expected.
I have build up my OSX imap box several times.

I switch between sent folder en sent items two times.

And suddenly the correct view appeared.

I dont know what the problem was, but for know, its fine. it works.

Thanks for your help/time.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's working OK now - sounds as though the 'gremlins' have been at work again.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts