What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imaging Discussions

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was fascinated with William Eggleston's photography on show at Tate Modern.

The photographs on show were taken in one town during Jimmy Carter's campaign to be elected as president.

image-1874387904.jpg

W Eggleston was a pioneer in that his photographs crossed the line over to fine artwork. He used colour separation as the process for printing his images in 4? stages in the process. A stage for each colour. Today, professional photographers use that technique when processing RAW digital photographs.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with the iPad as a device for photographing inscriptions, such as memorial plates or memorials.

I attach some photos I took with the camera. I used the inbuilt zoom and selective focus facilities. Then the only in iPad processing I carried out was to enhance some of the images.

image-878557310.jpg

image-4246305513.jpg

Above photos show clarity of the zoomed image.

image-3525092982.jpg

image-1097963772.jpg

image-3442194868.jpg

The camera does a pretty decent job with brass memorial plates.

image-549550744.jpg

image-946711182.jpg

This image before and after enhancement. I took this from about 6 - 7 feet away. I'm impressed with the wide angle capabilities of the camera. This will prove very useful for recording headstone inscriptions.

The camera adds a good reason for using an iPad for recording objects with inscriptions in the field.

WoodyAllinone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with the iPad as a device for photographing inscriptions, such as memorial plates or memorials.

I attach some photos I took with the camera. I used the inbuilt zoom and selective focus facilities. Then the only in iPad processing I carried out was to enhance some of the images.

View attachment 47021

View attachment 47022

Above photos show clarity of the zoomed image.

View attachment 47023

View attachment 47024

View attachment 47025

The camera does a pretty decent job with brass memorial plates.

View attachment 47026

View attachment 47027

This image before and after enhancement. I took this from about 6 - 7 feet away. I'm impressed with the wide angle capabilities of the camera. This will prove very useful for recording headstone inscriptions.

The camera adds a good reason for using an iPad for recording objects with inscriptions in the field.

Richard, iPad is good and its 5MP camera quite adequate for your purpose, but if you also have an iPhone (4s or newer), it has an 8MP camera. With both iPad and iPhone, you will get better results if you don't use the zoom. This is because these devices have an digital, not optical zoom. Also, for indoor scanning, always turn OFF the flash!

Most reactions