What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image save failed

Bbro01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to save an image, box popped up, save image to....I mistakenly
Hit no. Ever since, I get the save image failed. How can I reset that?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guessing here, but have a look at Settings/Privacy. Since iOS 6, apps need your permission to access your camera roll. You may have denied this, and now need to enable it manually.

OP
B

Bbro01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but that wasn't it.. I am sure I denied something in my haste not to allow everything.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Guessing here, but have a look at Settings/Privacy. Since iOS 6, apps need your permission to access your camera roll. You may have denied this, and now need to enable it manually.

Bbro01 said:
Thanks but that wasn't it.. I am sure I denied something in my haste not to allow everything.

What app are you trying to save an image from? As Kevin has said, make sure that the app appears in the list in the privacy settings, and is turned on. See below:

image-279630136.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to save an image, box popped up, save image to....I mistakenly
Hit no. Ever since, I get the save image failed. How can I reset that?

Have you tried to restart your iPad and try again?

Or, maybe even a reset...by pressing the home and power switch together until it shuts down. Sometimes these immediate fixes along with adjusting the privacy settings will do the trick.

OP
B

Bbro01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything, my photos, image from the web, it just says image save failed. It wanted to save to a specific place and I mistakenly denied it. Ever since then failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you may be heading for a reset here. This doesn't sound right at all. The only place images can be saved is the camera roll, so if something is out of whack, it could take the heavy equipment to get control back.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings.

Use with caution. You won't lose any apps or data, but you'll have to input all of your stuff, like wifi passwords etc.

OP
B

Bbro01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I think you may be heading for a reset here. This doesn't sound right at all. The only place images can be saved is the camera roll, so if something is out of whack, it could take the heavy equipment to get control back.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings.

Use with caution. You won't lose any apps or data, but you'll have to input all of your stuff, like wifi passwords etc.

I was hoping to avoid that. MY e is ill go to the Apple store and see if they can help.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, BUT before you do that, make sure you do a backup. If anything has gone wrong with the hardware, they will likely replace it on the spot, and you will lose your data.

This brings us to another consideration. Normally, you would set up a replacement iPad from the backup of your old one. This MAY not work for you, since you could have something screwed up in your settings. The bad setting will also transfer to the new one, so here's where you are hoping that you do have a hardware fault, or something that the Apple Store can fix.

So any data you can move to a safe place should be moved, so that you can set up any new iPad as a new device, and then manually transfer your data back onto it. Purchases won't be a problem. You can simply download them again.

Good luck.

OP
B

Bbro01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, simple solution to image save failed. I don't remember ever turn inning it on or off but here goes. Go to settings/ privacy/photos....make sure Google is turned on. Fixed issue. Thanks for your support.

bvimage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i donnot want to go to the store anymore, hope the ipone i bought will never go wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts