What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image retention problems reported on the new Retina iPad Mini

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
imageretention.jpg

According to Instapaper creator Marco Arment, some Retina iPad Mini units are having image retention issues. He observed the problems by using a grid test that he developed to detect the same issue in his Retina MacBook Pro device. He said the following:

It’s not the sort of problem that I’m likely to notice in actual use — I’ve never noticed it on my Retina MacBook Pro, and it has worse image retention than this iPad on my test page. Since Apple’s using multiple panel manufacturers, I could exchange it and hope for a better one. But it’s also possible that, given the extremely low volume that’s trickling into stores, any replacement I get in the next couple of weeks could be from the same batch with the same issue. I had some friends run the same test on their new Retina iPad Minis, and they all passed — no image retention. So I’ll try an exchange.

The image retention problem was first cited as a potential issue last week. Back then, we shared with you the rumor that the delay in iPad Mini 2’s release is reportedly caused by burn-in issues on Sharp-made LCD panels. After Marco Arment discovered the problem, several other iPad Mini 2 owners shared on Twitter similar problems. Could Sharp be blamed for this once more?

Source: Marco.org, MacRumors

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh man..... I hope this doesn't get out of hand. I can hardly wait to get my 128gb mini 2.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There has been a lot of problems with new devices apple made. I do hope apple resolves this issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts