What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image problem 4:3

fiffi83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey I'm new to this with the iPad. I have an iPad mini 6.1.3. When I couple it with my Apple TV its two black stretch on the sides of the TV screen.
suppose that it is 4:3 which certain people. It is possible to somehow change so it appears in 16:9 or whatever it's called. (Widescreen).

hope you can help me

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey I'm new to this with the iPad. I have an iPad mini 6.1.3. When I couple it with my Apple TV its two black stretch on the sides of the TV screen.
suppose that it is 4:3 which certain people. It is possible to somehow change so it appears in 16:9 or whatever it's called. (Widescreen).

hope you can help me

The two black bars at the sides of the picture when viewed on a widescreen TV are perfectly normal. The only way to get rid of them is to stretch the picture horizontally, causing significant distortion or cropping the top and bottom of the image area, removing part of the image.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In mirroring mode, you get a perfect replica of the iPad's screen on the TV. That's what you want....when you play a wide-screen (16:9) movie, however, the images changes to fill the screen. That too, is what you want.

OP
fiffi83

fiffi83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your reply. I know it's normal. but I want to pull out the picture to 16:9 even as it reflects the home screen. do you know if it can be solved?
when I put a movie on a youtube came up, however, in 4:3, but it might just be 16:9 when watching a movie in the video player?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depending on your TV, you can adjust the aspect ratio to possibly stretch the picture. Just depends on what your TV is capable of.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks for your reply. I know it's normal. but I want to pull out the picture to 16:9 even as it reflects the home screen. do you know if it can be solved?
when I put a movie on a youtube came up, however, in 4:3, but it might just be 16:9 when watching a movie in the video player?

Not sure I understand your question. But if you want youtube to come up in 16:9, just press the little button that will take the iPads video and play it on your tv via the Apple TV. Then, the YouTube will use the screen on your tv in 16:9, not 4:3 of the iPad.

See that little button:

Attachments

• image-1628022782.jpg
    image-1628022782.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 245

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi--I have moved this out of the POLLS Section and into the iPad Mini Section. This should give you better attention.

Thanks,
Ski

amywine999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exciting. I am about to save enough to buy myself one. Ipad Mini is really cool. I think I am fine with the image probelm you referred .

Most reactions

Latest posts