What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From a walk last Saturday with my wife.

IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1898.jpg

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my early Navy days, we did not have the cool little remote control aerial drones we have today. A photographer would go up in a helicopter with a camera to get the needed aerial shots. I had the pleasure of doing just that several times while stationed on the USS Nimitz to get shots of the battle group, ports of call, and other assorted jobs requested by command and other departments. I was able to keep many of my aerial shots like the one I am sharing with you today. I went up in one of the SH-3 Sea King helicopters for all the aerial shots I took, including this one of the Nimitz battle group, while we were deployed in the Mediterranean Sea. I am glad I had the great job of being a Navy Photographer. It was one of the best jobs you could have, and you got to do, and see a lot of things the regular sailor could never even dream of.

USS Nimitz Nuclear Battle Group with Carrier Airwing 8 - October 1979
Nimitz Battle Group 1.jpg

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In my early Navy days, we did not have the cool little remote control aerial drones we have today. A photographer would go up in a helicopter with a camera to get the needed aerial shots. I had the pleasure of doing just that several times while stationed on the USS Nimitz to get shots of the battle group, ports of call, and other assorted jobs requested by command and other departments. I was able to keep many of my aerial shots like the one I am sharing with you today. I went up in one of the SH-3 Sea King helicopters for all the aerial shots I took, including this one of the Nimitz battle group, while we were deployed in the Mediterranean Sea. I am glad I had the great job of being a Navy Photographer. It was one of the best jobs you could have, and you got to do, and see a lot of things the regular sailor could never even dream of.

USS Nimitz Nuclear Battle Group with Carrier Airwing 8
View attachment 98344

I toured USS Nimitz in Norfolk in 1981 when I was serving in HMCS Ottawa on its way back to Halifax, Nova Scotia from exercises in the Caribbean.

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. The Nimitz was and still is the largest ship I’ve ever set foot on.
Oh yes. Me too. 5,000 plus sailors, 100 plus aircraft when deployed, and 1,092 ft (333 m) long.:oops: Hard to fathom. When down inside, you forgot you were on a ship, it was so big. Barely rolled on the ocean, even in big storms.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yes. Me too. 5,000 plus sailors, 100 plus aircraft when deployed, and 1,092 ft (333 m) long.:oops: Hard to fathom. When down inside, you forgot you were on a ship, it was so big. Barely rolled on the ocean, even in big storms.

When off the west coast during a bad storm in HMCS Kootenay, I was Watching our sister ship HMCS Fraser a few hundred meters away. As she came over the top of a wave a full third of her keel was in the air before she came crashing down into the trough. My ship was doing the same thing. It was like eating, working and sleeping on a roller coaster. BTW, I didn’t get seasick.

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts