What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only deer I really enjoyed was prepared (marinated) like corned beef, an appropriate match for the gamy flavor. We can buy frozen ground elk patties locally, and they're pretty good. We only get pronghorn when we visit a hunter friend in Colorado.

Well, we ordered our bison filets & elk tenderloins online - not available locally, ground bison seems to be our only option for these game meats. Pronghorn shown below - sure that I would love the meat, and sounds like the same issue as the moose, i.e. animals in the wild hunted privately cannot be sold, like the moose discussion in my previous post. Dave :)

P.S. for those who might be interested in some of the nicer cuts of these game meats, below is a pic of the place we've used most recently (Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co.) , although many others can be found.
Antilocapra_americana.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.52.24 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I are on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville again - this time our son & DIL flew in from Indianapolis - his birthday present for this year - just a few pics - will add to my North Carolina Mountains travelogue soon - Dave :)

P.S. there is currently a Chihuly Exhibit at Biltmore (mostly in the garden area) - we saw the glass sculptures in daylight yesterday; tonight, we have tickets for an evening showing when all are lite up.
Biltmore_A0.JPG
Biltmore_A5.JPG
Biltmore_A9a.JPG
Biltmore_B7.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I woke up on Saturday morning at the Biltmore Inn and the mountains were just shrouded in fog - reminded me of trips to the Smoky Mountains - below the first pic is from yesterday afternoon showing the same mountains - next four from this morning about 7:30 AM - now 9 AM and all gone! Dave :)
Biltmore_C4.JPG
Biltmore_C5.JPG
Biltmore_C6.JPG
Biltmore_C7.JPG
Biltmore_C8.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I are fans of the Great Courses, which we usually buy on DVD (the graphics are so important for many of their offerings) - recently, I finished watching The Celtic World (4 DVDs; 24 Lectures) - Celtic art was often discussed and illustrated and despite us collecting art since the early 1970s, there was nothing in the house of this beautiful, intricate and colorful genre.

So, I went to Fine Art American and ordered several prints from the Book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript on vellum dating from around 800 CE that is now in the Trinity College Library in Dublin, Ireland - we saw the book about 30 years ago on a trip there. The two prints I ordered (along w/ their frames) arrived today and are shown below, i.e. the' Four Evangelists'' and the 'Chi Rho Monogram' - the last combined pic are their appearance in the Book of Kells at the link given above. Dave :)

P.S. for those who may follow the link to the 'Great Courses', always wait for the course(s) of interest to go on sale for about a third of their regular listed prices.

Celts1.png
Celts2.jpg
Celts3.jpg
Celts4.png

Most reactions

Latest posts