What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lake Neusiedl today at noon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457882804.318161.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457882830.742879.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457882892.229541.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457882949.220155.jpg

DSLR, edited

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lake Neusiedl today at noon

Hi Johanna - great pics, as usual - I was curious about the lake and the presumed tour boats - below an amended Wiki quote (I added the miles & feet) and a map of the lake's location - close to some neat historic places, including Haydn's Eisenstadt - NOW, is the last statement about the depth, i.e. 1.8 m correct? If so, those must be pretty shallow draft boats? Dave :)

Lake Neusiedl (German: Neusiedler See) is the largest endorheic lake in Central Europe, straddling the Austria-Hungarian border. The lake covers 315 km², of which 240 km² is on the Austrian side and 75 km² on the Hungarian side. From north to south, the lake is about 36 km (22 miles) long, and it is between 6 km (3.6 miles) and 12 km (7.2 miles) wide from east to west. On average, the lake's surface is 115.45 m above the Adriatic Sea and the lake is no more than 1.8 m (about 6 ft) deep.
Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 1.59.52 PM.png

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna - great pics, as usual - I was curious about the lake and the presumed tour boats - below an amended Wiki quote (I added the miles & feet) and a map of the lake's location - close to some neat historic places, including Haydn's Eisenstadt - NOW, is the last statement about the depth, i.e. 1.8 m correct? If so, those must be pretty shallow draft boats? Dave :)

View attachment 70527
Thank you, Dave!
The average depth of the lake varies between 1.5 and 1.8 m. There are a few bomb craters from WW II, which are about 2,5 to 3 m deep. The boats really are shallow.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful pictures, Johanna, especially the swan. When do the boats start their season?
Thank you, Robert!

The season starts at Easter, when tourists start visiting our region. The main season for the boats is from May to September, though.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No pictures. It's the busy season for bands here in Florida, so I have limited time off (spent learning new songs mostly).

But I wanted to check in and say "Hi".

Hi Bob - glad to see you back here! :) Next week, Susan & I are going for a 5-day trip to St. Pete's Beach staying at the Don CeSar (first pic) - already have a few day trips planned, including one to Tarpon Springs - want to take a sponge boat tour and have a great lunch at one of the Greek restaurants there - will only be our second visit!

Then a recent decision to go to a part of Florida never visited before after dozens of visits to that state, i.e. a trip to the Panhandle in May - decided to stay between Panama City & Ft. Walton Beach - will fly into Tallahassee and get there w/ a rental car - planning a day trip to Pensacola, 5 nights at the WaterColor Resort (last two pics), and then a night in the state capital - love to visit the capitol buildings and the state history museums - we're excited about both trips!

In between in April, we'll drive down to the Georgia coast for a stay on Jekyll Island & Savannah for 5 nights - we seem to come alive in the spring, so for those interested in my travelogues, expect a few upcoming ones - ;) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 9.59.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 10.03.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 10.01.46 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts