What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, a few pages back, I posted some pics of a walnut spice rack which I made & sent to a friend - arrived safely and is now installed in his kitchen w/ the rack already filled w/ spice bottles - lookin' good! :)

P.S. he sent me a $100 Amazon Gift Certificate which has already been spent - :) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 10.16.05 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bald Eagles Recovery in North Carolina and the USA a Welcome Relief! :)

This morning, I was reading our local newspaper and there was a pic of a bald eagle w/ a fish, plus a link to further images - bald eagles are now present in nearly all states in this country, but were virtually extinct in North Carolina in the last mid-century - quote below emphasizing the seriousness of the situation.

There are now about 200-250 nesting pairs of bald eagles in North Carolina - the pics below are of an eagle in the Lake Jordan Reserve (near Raleigh, the state capital - about 2 hr drive from us) - the bird just caught a fish from the Haw River (probably two different eagles) - an estimate is that there are a dozen or more nesting pairs in this reserve - on our next visit to the Raleigh-Durham area, we'll plan a stop and try to spot this majestic bird. Dave :)

Not a single pair of bald eagles were nesting in North Carolina in 1983 when state biologists released the first of 29 juveniles near Lake Mattamuskeet in Hyde County. When a pair built a nest 7 miles from the lake the following year, it was the first in the state in more than a decade.
Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 9.58.05 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts