What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frost in the square holes of a manhole cover.
image.jpeg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tonight, I was watching the last round of the Pebble Beach PGA Golf Tournament held on the Monterey Peninsula , which I've visited probably 4 times on trips mainly to San Francisco (just a short southerly drive) - there are many attractions in the area, BUT one of the most beautiful golf courses in the world is located there near Carmel.

For those who may not have been to this coastal area of California, just a few pics below of the golf course, i.e. the layout, several holes, and the famous par 5 18th hole which I've walked several times (would never dare to play that course and gave away my golf clubs to Goodwill a while back!) - on the final image of the last hole, I've labeled the tee box, where you need to put your tee shot (i.e. to the left of that tree), and the location of the green - this can be a pivotal last hole of the entire event, as happened today - Phil Mickelson had a chance at birdie which would have led to a playoff but missed the putt, letting a 39 y/o journeyman golfer named Vaughn Taylor win a 1.2+ million dollar purse - his wife seemed quite happy!

BUT, if you are ever on the west coast of California, then make a point to visiting the Monterey area. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 11.42.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 11.41.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 11.42.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 11.39.24 PM.png

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I bought Susan lilies for Valentine's day, I picked a bouquet w/ many unopened flowers - NOW, today many have emerged and are looking beautiful - still a few to go - these will last much longer than the roses I used to get her - the pungent aroma of the flowers can be smelled throughout the house. Dave :)
P1020625.JPG
P1020624.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On Saturday afternoon, our local public TV station (UNC @ Chapel Hill) has 2 hrs of woodworking shows which I record on my DVR and am watching now - just finished the Tommy Mac 'Rough Cut' Show - his featured guest was David Marks, a remarkable woodworker w/ his own website (click on the link) - he has had his own TV show, teaches master classes, and builds a wide variety of projects from furniture to woodturned bowls - the latter was the topic today - below are just some examples of his beautiful bowls - I have no idea what he might charge for these 'works of art' but likely in the thousands of dollars. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 6.03.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 6.04.56 PM.png

Most reactions