What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like another one of those Christmas markets is going on. We don't have such markets where I live.:(
There are plenty of these in Vienna, and also some in my district. I know a few in Germany as well, but I've never been there.
How about a trip to Europe next year, in Advent, to visit one or two of those markets, and try some punch or glühwein (this seems to be their main purpose ;) )?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are plenty of these in Vienna, and also some in my district. I know a few in Germany as well, but I've never been there.
How about a trip to Europe next year, in Advent, to visit one or two of those markets, and try some punch or glühwein (this seems to be their main purpose ;) )?
I'm planning a trip to Europe in 2017, but not to Austria. I'm planning on a trip to Helsinki, Finland.

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beautiful, but too cold for me. When I come to Austria (and it is on my list) it will be in late summer or early autumn.

More Spain (Gaudi) from 2013 with my old, lame point and shoot:

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Europe in 2017, but not to Austria. I'm planning on a trip to Helsinki, Finland.
I know. That's in summer, so it wouldn't be possible to make a quick side-trip to Munich or Nürnberg, to visit one of them. Too bad!

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frost on the branches this morning.
View attachment 69476
We haven't had a day that didn't get between the 70s and mid 80s yet. We did see one night dip into the upper 50s, but most have been mid 60s to low 70s - good sleeping weather.

I'm happy for those who like the snow and hope you get it, but I prefer it warm.

Christmas just doesn't seem like Christmas if I can't go swimming in the ocean.

Bob

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We haven't had a day that didn't get between the 70s and mid 80s yet. We did see one night dip into the upper 50s, but most have been mid 60s to low 70s - good sleeping weather.

I'm happy for those who like the snow and hope you get it, but I prefer it warm.

Christmas just doesn't seem like Christmas if I can't go swimming in the ocean.

Bob
You can go swimming on Christmas where I live; you just have to cut a hole in the ice first.;)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spent the better part year in the upper peninsula of Michigan in the 1960s. Those crazy people (of course my opinion only) would get out of a sauna, run across about a quarter mile of frozen Lake Superior and then jump in the water.

Me? I couldn't put enough clothes on to stay warm.

It was beautiful country though. Snowed every day from October to June, except for the day they had freezing rain.

But this is supposed to be a photo posting thread ----- so ------

A winter day photograph from my neighborhood.

IndianRiverDrive.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Scifan.. - also a little snow on the ground. In Piedmont, North Carolina, a snow on Christmas Day is a rarity (maybe once or twice a decade) - below a weather summary of 'snows' for a number of decades - however, I found a pretty pic of the Wake Forest University (WFU) central campus after a light holiday snow (not sure the exact day) - downtown Winston Salem in the background - WFU is about 10 minutes away from our house. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 11.25.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 11.19.49 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts