What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the costumes from the Worldcon masquerade last night.
image.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Today, I was checking my Facebook account and the cartoon below was posted - Susan & I could really relate and seems to be more applicable as one gets older - :eek: Dave
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.38.37 AM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hilarious. I always thought he might be an alien.

RE: Captain Kangaroo and the Vulcan Hand Sign - can you do it?

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015) introduced the Vulcan Hand Sign which apparently was part of his Jewish heritage - but many cannot spontaneously arrange their fingers to create the sign - likely a genetic trait in how one's hand/finger muscles work together - I cannot make the sign (nor can I wiggle my ears! ;)) - NOW, looking at the pic posted by Scifan.., Captain Kangaroo likely cannot make the sign but needs a ping pong ball to 'simulate' the position - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.15.30 PM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RE: Captain Kangaroo and the Vulcan Hand Sign - can you do it?

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015) introduced the Vulcan Hand Sign which apparently was part of his Jewish heritage - but many cannot spontaneously arrange their fingers to create the sign - likely a genetic trait in how one's hand/finger muscles work together - I cannot make the sign (nor can I wiggle my ears! ;)) - NOW, looking at the pic posted by Scifan.., Captain Kangaroo likely cannot make the sign but needs a ping pong ball to 'simulate' the position - Dave :)
View attachment 66906
I can do it.
image.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you must have Vulcan DNA in your genes - ;)

Just to show my hand below - first image (left) w/ fingers stretched and unable to assume the position, but if I bend my 4th & 5th fingers (right), then the two come together - but, let me ask - can you 'wiggle' your ears? :D Dave
View attachment 66911

Wiggling your ears, the vulcan sign, and even raising your right (or left) eyebrow are all things that can be learned. Like most muscle skills, they take practice. Like most silly muscle skills, we are unlikely to practice them after a certain age, and mistake that for the inability to learn.

I once spend a few days teaching myself to wiggle my ears. It's difficult to get the hang of at first, but not terribly difficult. You start by moving your entire scalp, and little by little figure out which muscles only move the ears. The same for the fingers and the vulcan sign. You're well on the way to learning it with your efforts. You just need to keep trying. If you care enough to learn it, of course.

Most reactions

Latest posts