What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not a golfer, but I really like the looks of golf courses. Especially the ones that aren't in a canyon of Condominium Apartment Buildings (like so many in South Florida). The courses with nature surrounding the green meadow with rolling hills are pleasing to my eyes.

Hi Bob - I love being on golf courses whether w/ a lot of trees & water or the desert courses in the southwest; and the holes w/ the black lava on the Big Island in Hawaii are just gorgeous (as below) - now I've never really played these courses, but we used to have 3 professional tournaments in the Piedmont area , i.e. the PGA came to Greensboro (and still does as the Wyndham), the LPGA to High Point, and the Senior PGA (now the Champions) to Tanglewood (about a 10 minute drive for me) - my son & I (occasionally Susan) attended these often - now only the Greensboro event is still held - there are PGA & Senior tournaments in Charlotte & Hickory, respectively - the ladies no longer come to North Carolina. Dave :)
golf-north-course.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a beautiful shot, and I can see the attraction of the game.

I've always been too busy playing music to devote the time to anything like golf.

There are a lot of golf courses here in Florida, so I just enjoy looking at them.

Bob

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's a beautiful shot, and I can see the attraction of the game.

I've always been too busy playing music to devote the time to anything like golf.

There are a lot of golf courses here in Florida, so I just enjoy looking at them.

Bob

Oh yes - Florida has plenty of great courses and about a half dozen PGA tournaments mainly on the spring swing after events in the southwest and California - one of the most famous 'holes' is the Par 3 17th 'island green' on the TPC at Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra - it's a short shot (from the Wiki description below) but many players, especially on the last day of The Player's Championship probably would like a diaper! ;) Dave

TPC Sawgrass' signature hole is the Stadium Course's 17th, known simply as the "Island Green," although it is technically a peninsula. It measures only 132 yards (121 m) from tee to green (requiring only a pitching wedge for most pros), but it consists of nothing but a 78-foot (24 m)-long green with a tiny bunker in front of it. Save a small path to the green, the green is completely surrounded by water, and its location amidst many trees causes the wind to swirl over it. Club selection in the weather conditions at the hole is a huge consideration, as there is nowhere to land the ball but on the green or in the water. It is estimated that more than 100,000 balls are retrieved from the surrounding water every year, courtesy of professionals and tourists alike.
17th-Hole-TPC-Ponte-Vedra-Beach-Copy.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We have a similar flower to the white ones in the last picture, we call it "Queen Anne's Lace" - I've heard that the Native Americans used the seeds for birth control.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Andrew! It has been in use since I took the first image. :)

And I've mounted something that wasn't on the picture above:
View attachment 66293
The perfect accessory; think of all the great selfies you can now make while pedalling along:p
One thing I don't understand is why mens' bikes continue to insist on having that high horizontal bar that forces one to get onto the bike like onto a horse. Ladies bikes seem that much more logical, and comfortable where you can just step through rather than make like John Wayne:rolleyes:
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The frame design of men's bikes is a stronger design. The lowered top bar on women's bikes was originally adopted to allow women in long skirts to ride a bike. The design has persisted to this day even though most women now wear shorts or pants when riding their bicycles.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The perfect accessory; think of all the great selfies you can now make while pedalling along:p
One thing I don't understand is why mens' bikes continue to insist on having that high horizontal bar that forces one to get onto the bike like onto a horse. Ladies bikes seem that much more logical, and comfortable where you can just step through rather than make like John Wayne:rolleyes:
Andrew
It doesn't look like it's still "men's bikes" and "women's bikes". When I purchased mine, I was asked which model I wanted. I was offered a "man's bike" as well.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like it's still "men's bikes" and "women's bikes". When I purchased mine, I was asked which model I wanted. I was offered a "man's bike" as well.
OK so next time I buy a new bike (rather unlikely as mine is not that old) I'm going to buy a "man's bike" with the lowered top bar and hope it will be strong enough.
Just went out to the garage.... Here's a pic of my treadly
image.jpg

Andrew

Most reactions