What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here's a photo of Biltmore under construction.
View attachment 66232

Thanks - I tried to find one that would show the iron-brick skeleton better - several years ago on an architectural tour, we were taken to the top and could see structure of the house clearly - there was a 'cut away' area in the wall that was illustrative. Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
(iPhone) Photos from this evening
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Johanna - beautiful pictures as usual, but just curious - does the sun set more often in Europe than where I live on the east coast of the USA? ;)

You just seem to have so MANY photo opts for these scenes (here, the sun sets over my neighbor's roof) - Dave :)
I'm glad you enjoy my images. :)

I think I don't have to tell you that we have sunset once a day. ;)

Most of the times, I'm either talking a walk, or riding my bike around that time. It's too hot right now to do this during the day. It's these hours when I'm stopping for a few seconds and take pictures. That's what I'm posting here. :)

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
British Open at St. Andrews Old Course - last round delayed to Monday!

The 144th British Open is being held at the Old Course in St. Andrews, Scotland - don't know how many golf fans are here, but the course is unique (beginning quote below from Wiki) - Susan & I took our son to England & Scotland years ago in his teenage years - a must visit to St. Andrews for me (as a former golfer).

The course is virtually treeless w/ rolling hills, impossible rough, huge greens (a number serving two different numbered holes), and torturing bunkers (sand trap is not appropriate, many of these are torture traps!) - below just a couple of pics of the 17th hole and the famous Road Bunker on that same hole.

The last round was delayed until Monday because of the weather - a 22 y/o amateur is the co-leader and Jordan Spieth is in second place w/ a good chance to win the third major of the year - these are potential rare accomplishments, i.e. Bobby Jones was the last amateur to win the British Open in 1930 and Ben Hogan winning the first three Majors in 1953. Dave :)

The Old Course at St Andrews is considered by many to be the "home of golf" because the sport was first played on the Links at St Andrews in the early 1400s. Golf was becoming increasingly popular in Scotland until in 1457, when James II of Scotland banned golf because he felt that young men were playing too much golf instead of practicing their archery. The ban was upheld by the following kings of Scotland until 1502, when King James IV became a golfer himself and removed the ban.
17th Hole, The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.jpg
Road-Hole-Bunker.jpg

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
British Open (continued):

Well, neither of the 'records' mentioned in my previous post were broken, the amateur, Paul Dunne shot a 6-over par final round and was out of the match early; Jordan Spieth, missed a 3-man playoff by one shot by making a bogey on the 17th hole; so there will be no 'Grand Slam' of golf this year.

The 3-man 'international' playoff is shown below; in the British Open, the tournament is decided a 4-hole cumulative score w/ the winner being the American Zach Johnson (a former winners of the Masters major) - if the players in the playoff are tied after 4 holes, then the winner is decided by 'sudden death.' Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 3.01.57 PM.png

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not a golfer, but I really like the looks of golf courses. Especially the ones that aren't in a canyon of Condominium Apartment Buildings (like so many in South Florida). The courses with nature surrounding the green meadow with rolling hills are pleasing to my eyes.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
British Open at St. Andrews Old Course - last round delayed to Monday!

The 144th British Open is being held at the Old Course in St. Andrews, Scotland - don't know how many golf fans are here, but the course is unique (beginning quote below from Wiki) - Susan & I took our son to England & Scotland years ago in his teenage years - a must visit to St. Andrews for me (as a former golfer).

The course is virtually treeless w/ rolling hills, impossible rough, huge greens (a number serving two different numbered holes), and torturing bunkers (sand trap is not appropriate, many of these are torture traps!) - below just a couple of pics of the 17th hole and the famous Road Bunker on that same hole.

The last round was delayed until Monday because of the weather - a 22 y/o amateur is the co-leader and Jordan Spieth is in second place w/ a good chance to win the third major of the year - these are potential rare accomplishments, i.e. Bobby Jones was the last amateur to win the British Open in 1930 and Ben Hogan winning the first three Majors in 1953. Dave :)

View attachment 66272 View attachment 66273
Torture is right. You'd need a ladder to get in that bunker to attempt a shot.

Most reactions