What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, this is an old bike, and I'm intending to buy a new bike this year, if possible. :cool:
Make sure to get a bike mount for your iPhone so you can easily listen to your music while riding.
Good idea about that bike mount.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433318593.489231.jpg

And also make sure you get good safety equipment... A good solid safety helmet would be a definite requirement:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea about that bike mount.
View attachment 65174
And also make sure you get good safety equipment... A good solid safety helmet would be a definite requirement:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
I was planning to get a new helmet too. Perhaps not as bulky as the one in your image. ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, has been nearly 5 years since I've bought a portable travel camera (just a point & shoot guy now but would like some control over the photos) - decided to stick w/ the Panasonic Lumix brand and purchased the new Lumix DMC-ZS50K model, as shown below in the composite Keynote pic - received an excellent review in a recent issue of PC Magazine.

Just some of the features (above the great price) that I've wanted (vs. my old 'smaller' Lumix) are: 1) Active Viewfinder to ease taking multiple pics on a LCD in bright sunlight; 2) Wi-Fi built-in; and 3) a better optical zoom. Used the Wi-Fi w/ a Panasonic app on my iPad to transfer images - worked great! Also, the 30X optical zoom w/ a Leica lens is amazing - below a pic of my emptied city bins on the cul-de-sac from the front of the car w/ wide angle and then maximum zoom - about to go on a short trip to the Georgia mountains - will receive its first workout then! Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 5.31.34 PM.png
IMG_3191.JPG
IMG_3192.JPG

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, has been nearly 5 years since I've bought a portable travel camera (just a point & shoot guy now but would like some control over the photos) - decided to stick w/ the Panasonic Lumix brand and purchased the new Lumix DMC-ZS50K model, as shown below in the composite Keynote pic - received an excellent review in a recent issue of PC Magazine.

Just some of the features (above the great price) that I've wanted (vs. my old 'smaller' Lumix) are: 1) Active Viewfinder to ease taking multiple pics on a LCD in bright sunlight; 2) Wi-Fi built-in; and 3) a better optical zoom. Used the Wi-Fi w/ a Panasonic app on my iPad to transfer images - worked great! Also, the 30X optical zoom w/ a Leica lens is amazing - below a pic of my emptied city bins on the cul-de-sac from the front of the car w/ wide angle and then maximum zoom - about to go on a short trip to the Georgia mountains - will receive its first workout then! Dave :)
View attachment 65193 View attachment 65194 View attachment 65195
That looks like an excellent travel camera Dave. I used a similar Lumix (older model, 20x zoom) for a number of years to good effect, but that model range did not have the viewfinder feature when I bought it. So after I bought my Olympus OMD system camera, my wife is turning out some great photos with the Panasonic (her first digital camera), and swears by that sharp Leica lens.
Looking forward to your, as usual, great photos taken with the new equipment....:)
Andrew

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That looks like an excellent travel camera Dave. I used a similar Lumix (older model, 20x zoom) for a number of years to good effect, but that model range did not have the viewfinder feature when I bought it. So after I bought my Olympus OMD system camera, my wife is turning out some great photos with the Panasonic (her first digital camera), and swears by that sharp Leica lens.
Looking forward to your, as usual, great photos taken with the new equipment....:)

Hi Andrew - thanks for the comments above - I was amazed at the optical zoom on that little camera (also has an additional 4X digital zoom which I've not tried in combination w/ the other). I've thought of going w/ a larger and more expensive DC w/ interchangeable lenses (which would be a deja vu experience for me going back to the non-digital days - :)) - have a new case coming in the mail which will still fit on my belt and be convenient. Glad that you're enjoying your Olympus (just took a look on Amazon and seems like a great camera!). Dave

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Lumix DMC-ZS40 that I bought a little over a year ago to take to the Czech Republic because my old Cannon point-and-shoot was just to old and the zoom on the Lumix is much greater. Point-and-shoot cameras are great for traveling light. And yes, the viewfinder was part of the deal-maker. I also like to take shots of wildlife, and in the bright sun the LCD display can be difficult to see (although the display on the Lumix works well in bright light).

I also have a Canon EOS (film) camera with lenses that I don't use anymore. To tell you the truth, I'd rather use the Lumix and would even if the Canon was digital. The zoom is better, the exposure modes are better, it's smaller and more convenient. I thought about getting a Digital EOS, but I'm glad I chose the Panasonic instead.

I keep it in the iA mode, so that if I need a quick shot, I don't have to worry about depth of speed, aperture, shutter speed or anything else - just the time it takes for the camera to boot. But if I want more control, there are modes to give me that capability.

Here's a spiral staircase I took in a church in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic (sorry, it's a little big - I didn't notice but it's taking a long time to load).

P1000562.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bob - yep I well remember those old camera days w/ film (I usually used 35mm slides) - but these small 'point & shoot' DCs are amazing technology!

I love seeing (and walking on if possible) spiral staircases - one of the most impressive in my area is under 3 hours away in the western Carolina mountains, i.e. the Biltmore House in Asheville - for those interested in more, checkout my NC Mountains Travelogue - below are some pics of the Great Staircase that extends over 4 floors to the ceiling dome where the massive multi-tiered chandelier is attached (Image Source) - Susan & I have been up & down those stairs many times - you need to take the 'special' tours to get to the top floors & the roof. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.10.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.14.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.11.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.12.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.12.37 PM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave, since you like spiral stairs so much, here's one in London, England. It's between the inner and outer domes of St. Paul's Cathedral and is how you access the viewing gallery at the top of the dome. From the floor of the cathedral it's the height of a 35 story office tower.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The view from the top.
image.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been to London and the Smokey Mountains but to neither of those staircases. I have climbed to the dome in St Peter's in The Vatican though. It spirals around the inside of the dome and at times you have to lean inward to keep from bumping your head.

Thanks for the pix!!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, since you like spiral stairs so much, here's one in London, England. It's between the inner and outer domes of St. Paul's Cathedral and is how you access the viewing gallery at the top of the dome. From the floor of the cathedral it's the height of a 35 story office tower.
The view from the top.
View attachment 65209

Hi Scifan.. - when our son was a teenager, we took him to Europe twice (Scotland/England & Paris/France), so we were probably in London in the late 1980s - he & I went to St. Paul's Cathedral and first climbed to the 'Whispering Gallery' (pic below from the web - scary to look down); then we climbed further to get outside on the viewing roof (suspect a similar view as you show above although some new buildings & attractions have been added). Although as a teen age boy, his favorite attractions there were the London Dungeon, Tower of London, & Madame Tussards Wax Museum - ;) Dave

P.S. I assume that we were on that staircase - any other way to get up there? Can't remember an elevator - :rolleyes:
london-st-pauls-cathedral-whispering-gallery-2.jpg

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been to London and the Smokey Mountains but to neither of those staircases. I have climbed to the dome in St Peter's in The Vatican though. It spirals around the inside of the dome and at times you have to lean inward to keep from bumping your head.

Hi Bob - we've been to Italy just twice, and Rome once - we certainly visited St.Peter's but cannot remember if I climbed to the dome (and no longer have any pics - would have been mid-1971, a graduation gift from my in-laws).

But as to the Biltmore House - definitely worth a visit if in the area - below a pic of the entire house (from the web) - we visit the property at least every couple of years (in fact, going in a few months) - like to stay @ the Inn on the property (second pic - we love that side of the hotel - faces the mountains and the winery, a short walk) - the third pic from our room w/ the Biltmore House in the background, white arrow). Dave :)
Biltmore-Estate.jpg
Biltmore1.jpg
Biltmore6_12No1 copy.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rome was nice, Florence was nicer, and Naples/Amalfi/Sorrento was great too.

Biltmore just got on my list!!!

GREAT! Your'll be impressed w/ the place and the surroundings - Dave :)

BTW - we did all of those Italian activities described and loved!

Most reactions