What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The oldest headstone in the oldest cemetery in Regina, Saskatchewan. It dates from August 23, 1882.

At the time it was established, the cemetery was several miles from the townsite, but is now located in a commercial/industrial area of the city.
image.jpg

image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wild Green Iguana taken at Wakodahatchee wetlands 2015-05-24 with my Lumix camera. This one probably between 3 and 4 feet long (1 to 1.3m). They are not native, but feral populations are established, probably escapees or discarded from pet owners who could no longer care for them.

View attachment 64987

View attachment 64988

I was in a taxicab in the Caribbean once, and a cab driver stopped to throw a stone at one. He said if he hit it, it would fall, and he would take it home and have it for dinner. We were entertainers on a cruise ship so he knew we wouldn't cause any problems if he caught the lizard.
They're very good photos.

Has there been any attempt to get rid of them on a large scale?

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not that I know of.

We have Pacific Lionfish invading our reefs, and restaurants have been promoting them as food. We just had a festival with different restaurants offering their own Lionfish recipes. The Lionfish has no predator in the Atlantic, so making food out of them enlists humans to be the predators. It isn't eliminating them, but putting a big dent in the population.

We also have invasive Burmese Pythons in the Everglades. They are a problem, and all attempts to get rid of them have failed. Most likely released pets found each other and are now established. They've even tried dogs, but the 'glades are a river, about 2" thick and 50 miles wide with millions of islands (hammocks) dotting them.

Why did the python cross the road? Because nobody was going to stop them.

I took these a few years ago. Probably 6-8 feet long (2-2.6m)

Burmese Python a.JPG

Burmese Python d.JPG

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of pictures here, I hope I'm not being rude with this many. If I'm violating netiquette, please let me know. I've reduced the size so they don't take too long to appear. They were all taken with my old phone so the quality isn't exceptional, but it's good enough.

Here in Florida, June is the month for the Night Blooming Cereus cacti to bloom. Each flower is huge and each flower only blooms for one night. Lately they've been arriving in mid-May - I assume it's climate change related. The plant itself cannot take a freeze. They believe they originated in Mexico, but none are found in the wild.

The first ones opened a couple of weeks ago. The following pictures are from last year, mostly in June.

Here is a picture of one of our Sabal Palm trees. The cactus climbs up the tree and the large buds are about to open

!small_Cereus127.jpg

In this closer look, you can see little white fuzz balls on the cactus, they are future blooms. It takes about two days to go from the fuzz ball to the full bud.

!small_Cereus126.jpg

It's dark, they are half open and this is how big they are:

!small_Cereus134.jpg

with flash
!small_Ceres155.jpg

Close ups:
!small_Ceres161.jpg

!small_Cereus_1660.jpg

!small_Cereus_1661.jpg

with insect
!small_Cereus_1665.JPG

small bunch
!small_Cereus147.jpg

I've got hundreds more, but I think I've already overdone it.

We have a second species that will bloom later in the year, but not with such profusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-blooming_cereus

Bob

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of pictures here, I hope I'm not being rude with this many. If I'm violating netiquette, please let me know. I've reduced the size so they don't take too long to appear. They were all taken with my old phone so the quality isn't exceptional, but it's good enough.

Here in Florida, June is the month for the Night Blooming Cereus cacti to bloom. Each flower is huge and each flower only blooms for one night. Lately they've been arriving in mid-May - I assume it's climate change related. The plant itself cannot take a freeze. They believe they originated in Mexico, but none are found in the wild.

The first ones opened a couple of weeks ago. The following pictures are from last year, mostly in June.

Here is a picture of one of our Sabal Palm trees. The cactus climbs up the tree and the large buds are about to open

View attachment 65099

In this closer look, you can see little white fuzz balls on the cactus, they are future blooms. It takes about two days to go from the fuzz ball to the full bud.

View attachment 65100

It's dark, they are half open and this is how big they are:

View attachment 65101

with flash
View attachment 65107

Close ups:
View attachment 65103
View attachment 65104
View attachment 65105

with insect
View attachment 65106

small bunch
View attachment 65108

I've got hundreds more, but I think I've already overdone it.

We have a second species that will bloom later in the year, but not with such profusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-blooming_cereus

Bob
They're wonderful! You have certainly not overdone it with the photos. This is a case where more photos are better. I await the photos of your next crop of cactus blooms.

Most reactions

Latest posts