What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was taken in Madrid, Spain in 2013.

IMG_3318.JPG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You forgot the wings. :)

Better?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432427099.848870.jpg

If things look a little out of proportion, it's because I tried to work with the shading on the wall instead of drawing the wings the way I think they should be, not that that would necessarily have made it better.

Anyway, thanks BobbyBoomer, for helping me amuse myself today. I hope it wasn't too annoying.

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Better?

View attachment 64914

If things look a little out of proportion, it's because I tried to work with the shading on the wall instead of drawing the wings the way I think they should be, not that that would necessarily have made it better.

Anyway, thanks BobbyBoomer, for helping me amuse myself today. I hope it wasn't too annoying.

Annoying??? It was delightful. :)

Thanks/

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi ALL - Susan & I are on a 6-night trip through Virginia (VA) & southern Pennsylvania visiting Civil War battlefields (Petersburg, Manassas, Gettysburg, & Fredericksburg) which I may turn into a travelogue - just not sure how many American Civil War buffs are on this forum? :)

But our last stop (on the way home to North Carolina) is at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA, capital of the Confederacy - this is a wonderful 5-diamond property - probably our 6th visit over the years (just a 4-hour drive from home) - below, a couple of pics from the web - first is just a portion of the beautiful lobby w/ a statue of Thomas Jefferson (author of the Declaration of Independence & third president of the USA) - the magnificent glass dome is only seen partially; the second pic descending into a large space where events are often held - an important one is the Sunday 'Champagne Brunch' which we'll be enjoying tomorrow - I usually stick w/ the seafood, e.g. oysters on the half shell, salmon (smoked & poach), mussels, various types of cooked fish, etc. - of course, many other choices, including omelettes & other delicious breakfast items; carving stations; and numerous desserts - if you are EVER in this area, this BRUNCH is a MUST (and I don't like brunches - ;)) - Dave :)

image.jpg
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ALL - Susan & I are on a 6-night trip through Virginia (VA) & southern Pennsylvania visiting Civil War battlefields (Petersburg, Manassas, Gettysburg, & Fredericksburg) which I may turn into a travelogue - just not sure how many American Civil War buffs are on this forum? :)

But our last stop (on the way home to North Carolina) is at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA, capital of the Confederacy - this is a wonderful 5-diamond property - probably our 6th visit over the years (just a 4-hour drive from home) - below, a couple of pics from the web - first is just a portion of the beautiful lobby w/ a statue of Thomas Jefferson (author of the Declaration of Independence & third president of the USA) - the magnificent glass dome is only seen partially; the second pic descending into a large space where events are often held - an important one is the Sunday 'Champagne Brunch' which we'll be enjoying tomorrow - I usually stick w/ the seafood, e.g. oysters on the half shell, salmon (smoked & poach), mussels, various types of cooked fish, etc. - of course, many other choices, including omelettes & other delicious breakfast items; carving stations; and numerous desserts - if you are EVER in this area, this BRUNCH is a MUST (and I don't like brunches - ;)) - Dave :)

View attachment 64918 View attachment 64919
Fantastic. The phrase"They don't build them like that anymore." certainly applies. builders are in too much of a hurry to get to the next job to make this type of architecture feasible in today's world. A sad thing, in my opinion.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Fantastic. The phrase"They don't build them like that anymore." certainly applies. builders are in too much of a hurry to get to the next job to make this type of architecture feasible in today's world. A sad thing, in my opinion.

Hi Scifan.. - I'm on my iPad w/ a BT keyboard in our hotel room at The Jefferson - recently renovated w/ the smell of new wood furniture - just a gorgeous room (Susan opted for a 'deluxe' one this time - well, you can only live once, I guess? ;)).

BUT, when I return home in a few days and back to my MBPro, I can add some more - in the meantime, this property dates from the late 19th century and has been very well preserved and its 5-diamond status is deserved. Below just a few more pics from the web of the front entrance, a better view of the dome in the lobby, and the setup for the Sunday brunch - the bar is to the lower right in this view where we will be seated (much more seculded and relaxing) - however, the servers circulate frequently to refill your champagne flute - ;) Dave :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Better?

View attachment 64914

Thank you. :)
That's about the way I saw them.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts