What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Music in the park.
image.jpg
image.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always like "Tree tunnels" and music is good anywhere (says the musician) especially in the park!

Bob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Busker making music in the old town square of Prague, Czech Republic - October 2014.

View attachment 64810

I feel sorry for the buskers. With fewer people carrying cash (as opposed to plastic) even when they feel the urge to give, they generally can't. Smart phones with NFC pay ability aren't going to make it better.

I passed a busker in Spokane last time I was there, and realized I almost never have cash in my pocket these days.

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are no buskers in my small-ish city. When I travel, I always carry cash, and if the busker is good and not "phoning in" his/her performance, I always give. I don't give if they are too loud though because I can't support someone damaging another's ears.

But then, I'm a career musician. Making a living by playing music is getting more and more difficult in the USA, and I suspect other countries. I blame TV.

TV? When we were young TV was either black and white or later grainy color. and the sound was tinny. You had to go out to see and hear good music. Now we have HDTV with 7.1 surround sound and a cable bill that can easily top $300/month. There goes the entertainment budget.

I'm glad I was born in my time. I feel sorry for young musicians that don't have the opportunities that I had.

I've played in seedy bars, in concert with major stars, and every thing in between. I make people happy for a living. I'm lucky.

So when you pass that busker, give him/her some cash if you can. And turn the TV off and go to the night clubs where you belong ;)

OK, I'm off the soap box now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts