What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Robert, on re-loading the third time, your butterfly pictures and info came down.

I have a slow DSL connection, I'm almost 3 miles from the end of the fiber optics cable.

Thanks again,
Bob

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Robert, on re-loading the third time, your butterfly pictures and info came down.

I have a slow DSL connection, I'm almost 3 miles from the end of the fiber optics cable.

Thanks again,
Bob
I'm glad I could help. Photos really help in identifying these butterflies. This way you don't have to hope it stays still long enough to identify.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I didn't know anhingas made it that far north, Dave. I did know the great egrets do, I've seen them in Maine.

The lagoon condo looks like a nice vacation spot.]

Hi Bob - been enjoying your pics - thanks! When we 'go to the beach', the two places that we visit most often are Wrightsville Beach near Wilmington, NC (4 hr drive near the SC border) and Kiawah Island near Charleston (just under 5 hrs) - on Kiawah Island, we typically rent a condo on the lagoon (the island is beautifully landscaped w/ a subtropical appearance - spring & fall are the best times to visit - less congested and not HOT & MUGGY, as in the summer months).

We rent near the Sanctuary Hotel (shown below - white arrow about where we stay), so can eat there and a 10 minute walk to the ocean - from a previous trip below, another condo we rented which was next to a lagoon pond that had its own alligator - I almost stepped on it while walking around the area - there are a lot of wood walkways & bridges and often birds land and make great photo ops - a blue heron below. As to alligators, I've seen them in Wilmington (believe that is their northern extent). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 6.34.01 PM.png
Day2_Kiawah_CondoAcrossLagoon.jpg
Day2_Kiawah_BlueHeron1.jpg
Day2_Kiawah_AlligatorLagoon.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

It looks similar to the resorts on the barrier islands in Florida. Too much of that is gone around here as so many people want to escape frost (can't blame them) so much of what used to look like that is now high rise development.

Those pictures remind me of the past, when I was much younger, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with that!!!

The gators aren't very active in the daytime, and they only need to eat every few days, but I don't recommend stepping on them ;)

Thanks,
Bob

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last Anhinga picture (for now). Chick being fed by parent (I guess if you were an Anhinga this would look like a good way to do it) ;) Personally, I prefer fork, spoon, and knife (thank heavens for hands).

P1010095 small.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's too bad. Of course electric is better for the bridge, but they should crank the engine up for the tourists every once in a while. Then again, it would be noisy and possibly dangerous due to its age.

A big running steam engine just oozes power in the noise and movement - electrics just hum away more efficiently but not as impressively - they use magic (you can't see them working).

I've been to London, but didn't know I could see the engine. I only spent 4 days in London (after a month driving the UK) so there wasn't time to do the great city justice.

Nice photo.

Bob

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One good bridge deserves another :)

Here is a picture I took of the Széchenyi Chain Bridge in Budapest, Hungary. It spans the two cities Buda and Pest that make up the metropolis. BTW, I loved Budapest. Nice town, nice people, nice culture, great food, and great music. We heard The Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra (Hungarian: Budapesti Filharmóniai Társaság Zenekara) in their home concert hall doing Dvorak's 9th symphony. It was wonderful.

IMG_2254.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One good bridge deserves another :)

Here is a picture I took of the Széchenyi Chain Bridge in Budapest, Hungary. It spans the two cities Buda and Pest that make up the metropolis. BTW, I loved Budapest. Nice town, nice people, nice culture, great food, and great music. We heard The Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra (Hungarian: Budapesti Filharmóniai Társaság Zenekara) in their home concert hall doing Dvorak's 9th symphony. It was wonderful.

View attachment 64795
They just don't build bridges like that anymore.

The next time you're in London, you can take the Tower Bridge tour. The Victorian Engine Rooms are a separate tour at extra cost. Tickets for both tours can be bought at the Tower Bridge ticket office or online. http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/bridge-history/

Last edited:

Most reactions