What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I are on Hilton Head Island (South Carolina) near Savannah, Georgia - spending 5 nights @ the Omni Resort shown below - have a nice oceanfront room - lots of great seafood, including oysters daily (so far) - planning a lot of interesting excursions - will put together a travelogue on our return home once I can get on my trusty Macbook Pro - now on the iPad w/ my BT KB - Dave :)
image.jpg

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Construction at the new football stadium in Regina. View attachment 64058
Looks like that stadium is going to be a good one sci. Adelaide's new football/cricket stadium was completed recently. Here's a pic of the front entrance I took during a trip into town recently.
image.jpg

They also built a new $40 million footbridge across the River Torrens to enable crowds to easily access the stadium from the CBD. Here are two pics of the bridge. The last one looking back to the CBD from the stadium.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I haven't been inside yet. Will do next cricket season.
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like that stadium is going to be a good one sci. Adelaide's new football/cricket stadium was completed recently. Here's a pic of the front entrance I took during a trip into town recently.
View attachment 64060
They also built a new $40 million footbridge across the River Torrens to enable crowds to easily access the stadium from the CBD. Here are two pics of the bridge. The last one looking back to the CBD from the stadium.
View attachment 64061
View attachment 64062
I haven't been inside yet. Will do next cricket season.
Andrew
Those are nice pictures of the new cricket stadium and bridge. I really like that curved bridge. The new stadium in Regina will also have a similar cover over the seating area.

P. S. , why not take a stadium tour of the new cricket stadium. That way you don't have to wait for the new season?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are nice pictures of the new cricket stadium and bridge. I really like that curved bridge. The new stadium in Regina will also have a similar cover over the seating area.

P. S. , why not take a stadium tour of the new cricket stadium. That way you don't have to wait for the new season?
Good idea sci, but there's nothing like hearing the crack of a leather-covered cricket ball against a willow bat when you are there.:)
We call it "the oval"; here's a pidgeon's view of it:
image.jpg

Shows the cricket pitch and the seating. Your stadium looks to be bigger when finished.
I took a few more more pics on my brief walk that day about two weeks ago. I'll post some more pics of that when I find the time in between doing some house renovation painting and getting over some inherent problems of laziness:D
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a small apple tree in my backyard. It isn't higher than 2 meters. The tree was a farewell gift from students of mine five years ago, when they left my school. (They certainly didn't know about my brown thumb.)
It's still alive, though, and at the moment, it's blooming.
image.jpg

image.jpg

iPhone pictures

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a small apple tree in my backyard. It isn't higher than 2 meters. The tree was a farewell gift from students of mine five years ago, when they left my school. (They certainly didn't know about my brown thumb.)
It's still alive, though, and at the moment, it's blooming.
View attachment 64080
View attachment 64081
iPhone pictures
Brown thumb or not, the tree is thriving and should bring you a nice apple crop.:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, just returned from our trip to Hilton Head Island - we were there on my birthday and actually the very day were shopping in the art district of the small historic town of Bluffton, SC on the mainland just a half hour drive from the Omni Resort shown in my previous post.

So as a 'birthday present', we purchased a small wooden vase (first two pics below) - this is an example of segmented woodworking (check HERE), i.e. pieces of wood (these are varied, combined, and often exotic varieties) are glued together and layered; then, often turned on a lathe to make a vase - bowls, boxes, etc. can also be constructed - a couple of more examples are shown in the next two images from the web - the larger & more intricate pieces are usually quite expensive.

In my vase, the two woods used are figured bubinga & buckeye burl - the last two images are solid body guitars made from these two woods - now, I'm an amateur woodworker and have quite a nice workshop but decided not to add a lathe to my equipment list - I've been 'eyeing' these segmented bowls & vases for a number of years, but this is our first purchase. Dave :)
Vase_Bluffton2.JPG
Vase_Bluffton1.JPG
Not-for-Entry_Vase.jpg
BlanketBowl1.jpg
qsg605.JPG
alem16top.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts