What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm surprised at that because most old buildings have oak and red bricks etc that most builders want to reclaim to use on new projects. Is it that the matrials were just too broken down to be reclaimed?
I can close my eyes and remember the smell of my elementary school.
You're right. Although I'm teaching in the building where I went to school when I was 6 to 10 years old, I still know how it smelled when I was a student. It was completely different than now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is what my old school looked like back in 1912, when it first opened.
image.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's definitely Canadian! [emoji39][emoji39] Exactly what my elementary school looked like. My dad went there first! We shared the same gr 1 teacher - I guess my Dad got taught when she became a teacher and retired after teaching me. Oh, and my Dad and I both took Gr 1 in a one room school house! Separate from the structure like the one above. My class was the last class to use that one room school ( the original school ). It was the whole Gr 1-6 school! Thanks, scifan, for bringing all of those memories back! That was fun! [emoji172][emoji171]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's definitely Canadian! [emoji39][emoji39] Exactly what my elementary school looked like. My dad went there first! We shared the same gr 1 teacher - I guess my Dad got taught when she became a teacher and retired after teaching me. Oh, and my Dad and I both took Gr 1 in a one room school house! Separate from the structure like the one above. My class was the last class to use that one room school ( the original school ). It was the whole Gr 1-6 school! Thanks, scifan, for bringing all of those memories back! That was fun! [emoji172][emoji171]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2
I'm glad the photo pleased you and others.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It was a shock at first to remember what it looks like now to what it looked like then! I'm so glad you picked up a momento of your school!
Anyway to get it authorized? Or will it just be yours to enjoy? Either way or both, I'm glad you thought to do that! Warms my ! Perhaps Canadians are sentimental.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a shock at first to remember what it looks like now to what it looked like then! I'm so glad you picked up a momento of your school!
Anyway to get it authorized? Or will it just be yours to enjoy? Either way or both, I'm glad you thought to do that! Warms my ! Perhaps Canadians are sentimental.
There's no way to get it certified. One of the workers just handed it to me when I asked.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only Canadians.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So true! I should have put some detail in there. It seems to me that iwith Canadans if you are walking down a road or street and something looks interesting , more often than not they will just offer it to you, no questions asked!
Is it the same in Austria? Of course we know nice, kind and generous people from every place on the globe, I'm sorry if it sounded like something other than that!
H U G S always, xo Diane xo

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the same in Austria.

I was quoting your other post:
Not only Canadians are sentimental. :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think it's the same in Austria.

I was quoting your other post:
Not only Canadians are sentimental. :)

Beautiful walk you had Johanna! I love it when you post photos from your walks! It's like you are letting me come alomg!
As for the sentimental thing, yes, I REALLY get that! North America is just a baby when it comes to civilizations, history and monuments.. Actually there are some people I know who don't give a damn about what progress does to what or to whom! And they are Canadians! I suppose it is different with different people, every walking to the beat of their own drum.
There was just something nostalgic I felt abour scifan's story that seemed to connect us. I realize now that you are also like that. Now I am thinking how lucky I am to have friends of such high quality and authenticity!

Most reactions

Latest posts