What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The bush makes a nice silhouette against the black sky.

The reverse silhouette is what caught my eye. If I'd known it would turn out ok I would've taken the time to experiment a bit, and see if I could get a really great picture.

Maybe tomorrow night. I should take a tripod.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Late night dog walk. Use the Photos fade filter, and did a bit of cropping.

View attachment 62480
I like that photo but can't explain why...doesn't need a tripod, it's sharp. I thought it a black and white photo until I saw the brown colour at the base. Anyway, it has atmosphere. Was there bright moonlight?
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
City workers installing a heated bus stop shelter at a downtown bus stop.
image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like that photo but can't explain why...doesn't need a tripod, it's sharp. I thought it a black and white photo until I saw the brown colour at the base. Anyway, it has atmosphere. Was there bright moonlight?
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

No moon. The fence is along the back of a small shopping center, so there's a lot of lights behind me. It's the Fade filter in the Photos app that reduces the color that way. I like the effect too.

It's sharp at the reduced size I can post here. At the full size it's just a bit hazy around the edges of the tree limbs. And the building on the right is overexposed. Things that I might be able to improve on if I took the time, and a tripod.

While sweating the small stuff probably won't produce a significantly better photo this time, it is how I learn my camera, and perhaps take even better photos in the future. Besides, it's fun.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone think of installing these before it gets this cold? :rolleyes:
Possibly because they're thinking about other things when it's +30°C in August. It seems to take weather cold enough to freeze the whatsits off a brass monkey before they think of things like this.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adelaide has been hosting the first leg of the Tour de France for over a decade now, and as the caption on this photo in our morning paper says, it's on again this week with many interstate and overseas visitors flocking to the races.
And that of course has brought out all the lycra clad wannabee racing cyclists of all ages tearing up and down our streets imagining they are Stuart O'grady going for the yellow jersey.:p
image.jpg
And this little guy also wasn't going to miss out in all the ongoing excitement! All he needed was a good bicycle to join in the fun:D.
Andrew

Most reactions