What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you have a teddy bear to toss also?
I sure did. Here's the one I tossed.
image.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I just returned from a 2-night stay at the Washington Duke Inn on the Duke campus in Durham, North Carolina - mainly went to see a Joan Miró exhibit at the Nasher Museum - he was a modern Spanish artist (paintings, prints, sculpture, and more!) (1893-1983) whose colorful imagery and imagination always piqued our interest. The art works were from the final decades (nearly up to his death) of artistic endeavors - at the entrance is a large painting shown below ("Woman, Bird and Star [Homage to Pablo Picasso]" by Joan Miró, oil on canvas, 1966/1973) which is just one aspect of this artist's Phantasmagoria for want of a better one word description - recommended for those in the mid-Atlantic area and into the art of Picasso, Dali, Braque, et al of the era.

Since the early 70s, we have accumulated a LOT of art pieces in all different kinds of media - probably over 30 years ago, we picked up a small 'stone signed' lithograph by Miró in New York City - it's in the hallway and the second pic below is poor but shows some of the typical touches of this artist - for those interested, simply google his name and select 'images' - we've seen many of these works, especially in the largest museums in the USA and a handful of museums in Europe.
nasher-miro-woman-bird-star.jpg
IMG_0841.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rain just stop with snow... While driving red light took picture inside my car . Wow look at that clouds up in the sky view[emoji4]
6cee475809a2debc7cc5427152064589.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk
That's a nice silhouette of the bridge and the clouds look like they promise interesting things weather-wise.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I did a half day trip to High Point, NC (just a half hour drive & still known as the 'Furniture Capital') to visit the High Point Museum - had not been there in a while and several 'changing exhibits' were of interest, one on photographs of North Carolina Civil War Monuments and another on the African American 'textile artist' Gwendolyn Magee (1943-2011) who was born in the city; her textile art has a variety of themes, but the ones on display are known as 'narrative quilts', i.e. story telling on a quilt, mostly concerning racial issues - below are pics (of a handful being shown) from her website (link above, if interested) showing a broad and prolific number of art works. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 4.12.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 4.13.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 4.14.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 4.14.46 PM.png

Most reactions