What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is not a great photo, but I thought I'd share my surprise when I looked out my front door window.
image.jpg

He was just finishing his meal so I got only one photo.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe it is a Cooper's hawk. He occasionally visits the back yard but does not live there. This was the first time I saw him in the front yard and so close - he was just off the front porch.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe it is a Cooper's hawk. He occasionally visits the back yard but does not live there. This was the first time I saw him in the front yard and so close - he was just off the front porch.

Believe that you are right - the bird looked smaller to me that a hawk and the white on the wings & tail stripes were against a thrush - Cooper's hawk seems the best bet (pic added below showing the tail better) - should have recognized the raptor - there is a wonderful center just north of Charlotte (about an hour's drive for me) called the Carolina Raptor Center which I visited for the third time in October, and saw several of these magnificent birds (among many others). Dave :)
coopers_hawk_6.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that the Legislative Building on your second photo? It looks strange.
That's because the dome has been enclosed by a weather shield so that restoration can proceed throughout the winter.
image.jpg

This photo, taken on July 1st, shows the beginning of the construction of the scaffolding and weather shield for the dome restoration.
image.jpg

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At first glance, I thought it's a different building with a high rise behind it. That's a very unfamiliar sight.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A frozen lake - brings back memories! :) I grew up in southern Michigan - our house was just off the 2nd hole of a golf course which had a wide creek running for miles that would freeze up; during the winter, I'd be ice skating on that creek as often as possible; also, would go to the frozen Lake Erie for a more expansive skate, but the blowing wind could make it more difficult; once my little brother got blown down the lake for nearly a mile and two nice girls brought him back - still chuckle over that one! :) Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The following pictures are edited. The first one is a photo taken with my iPhone.
image.jpg

My daughter received these as a gift some time ago. We both think the angel at the right looks a little bit ... strange. :rolleyes:

I took these with my Canon - the same orchid again.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The light and dark dots in the background are raindrops on my window.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cannon Street railroad station, London, England. The approach to the station is this bridge over the Thames. The only original parts of the station still standing are the twin towers at the North end of the bridge.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what I can do with my Canon. This is the result, after taking lots of pictures, "changing" the background without editing the picture and trying several different angles to see which one's best:
image.jpg

The background at the left was distracting, so I had to change it a bit, using one of the apps on my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts