What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was the end of a rainy, cloudy day
image.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
] :pDo you have boy & Girl Scouts ? 4-H stands for Head, Heart, Hands, Health.
image.jpg
Not necessarily in that order.
I'm trying to remember the saying that contains those H's.
Let's see what happens if I stop thinking and just say it; it's the 4-H Pledge we had to say at every meeting!
Here it is! I had to make sure of the right order of the H's on Wiki even though I remembered it, I wasn't sure? YAY!!!! I was right! That doesn't happen to me that often.
I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
and my health to better living,
for my club, my community, my country, and my world.

I truly believe it made us all better people! It was great fun though! We got to stay in a dorm when we were at the PNE! We got up at 5 AM to go wash our animals! Then clean out there stalls and groom them. THEN we headed straight for Playland where all the rides were. The exhibition wasn't open to the public yet. We headed straight for the Roller Coaster!
The guy running it would see us coming and knew exactly what we wanted! We would get on the coaster and that wonderful man would put us in the seats and just let it roll, no stopping! We went around and around right up to the last minute, when we had to get our vouchered breakfast by a certain time. This was taken when I was lying down with this calf! I loved her - it was mutual! :pA man stopped at the foot of my space, my calves head was laying on my chest. He asked if he could take a photo of the two of us. I said sure. He asked me to stand up with Bessie, and a day later in was in the Vancouver Sun!:)

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's excellent Diane! You have a talent:) Thanks for sharing and please don't hesitate to show us any more you've done. Great colours!!
Andrew
Thank you Andrew, so much, and of course Johanna, for your kind words and thoughts! I did go to Art School, which I didn't believe I would ever get the chance, I dreamed of it all my life! I mean until it actually happened!:):):):):):) HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY , as Stimpy would say! Anyone ever watch Ren and Stimpy? On tape!:eek:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpg
This time I will show you a drawing I happen to love! It's how I felt when I broke my back! Also, DRS! DRS, Dr's Dr's ad nauseat, I'm very careful about which Drs. I choose to see now! I have a better scanned image of it but this one has been pinned on my bedroom wall for 20 yrs! It's a mess! When I get my image off my old HD, if I ever do I will replace this one,

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the old saying wen like this;" Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning sailor take warning.
Look at the bright side, at least you got a spectacular sunset.
Thank you, it really was spectacular. :)

Our saying is exactly the opposite, when it comes to sunsets.

But I've just checked the weather forecast. It will be sunny again, and warmer than today. :) So, unusual for my district, your saying is right. Yay!

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After a week of trying, I finally caught and banded (ringed, for you Europeans) this little beauty:

30aug14-4.jpg

It's an immature female Ruby-throated Hummingbird, my first pure albino of that species. Seeing her in flight, all I could think of was "Tinkerbell!"

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After a week of trying, I finally caught and banded (ringed, for you Europeans) this little beauty:

30aug14-4.jpg

It's an immature female Ruby-throated Hummingbird, my first pure albino of that species. Seeing her in flight, all I could think of was "Tinkerbell!"
Beautiful!

Is there just a difference in the use of the word (band - ring), or does it definitely mean a different kind of material or activity?

Most reactions