What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Red Moon above the Regina skyline during the Roughriders football game.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's beautiful!
I saw it rising yesterday, when we were driving home in the evening.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct.
It looks like the framers are almost finished their portion of the job.
I remember that you told me that houses in your country are mainly built of wood. Is this processed wood on your pictures?
We don't have framers here, afaik. My father was a bricklayer, so I know how it works here. What does a framer do? Something like build up the "outer casing" of the house?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember that you told me that houses in your country are mainly built of wood. Is this processed wood on your pictures?
We don't have framers here, afaik. My father was a bricklayer, so I know how it works here. What does a framer do? Something like build up the "outer casing" of the house?
The framers do all the rough carpentry, such as subfloors, wall studs, sheeting, rafters, and roof decking. The wood panels used for sheeting the exterior walls, floors, and roof decking is made of OSB(oriented strand board). Plywood is not used much anymore because of cost.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 58634 When buffalo want to cross the road in front of you, you let them!View attachment 58633 Custer State Park in South Dakota.

Years ago, we were on a trip to western Canada (probably Alberta) and drove through a buffalo (bison) reserve - kept the windows up in the car (glad that the vehicle was a rental!) :)

Also, I like bison meat, especially the filets (about the same calories & fat as a chicken breast) - can be overcooked so usually like mine medium rare (at the most). Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The framers do all the rough carpentry, such as subfloors, wall studs, sheeting, rafters, and roof decking. The wood panels used for sheeting the exterior walls, floors, and roof decking is made of OSB(oriented strand board). Plywood is not used much anymore because of cost.
Thank you!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There's a small herd of bison in a nearby county park. My Miata has a small dent in the rear fender where a disgruntled bison cow butted it. I went right out and had a bison burger in revenge! ;)

Most reactions