What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's what I thought you would do! Would you put it under glass to keep it safe?
I think everyone would enjoy your own thread of collected art? I sure would! Diane.
Hi again - sorry for the quality of my pics below (flash was needed and the images really don't reflect the quality of the art).

First, the glass work w/ the fish - I made a cherry stand and put in a light which highlights the features of the art - the light is on but much more beautiful in person w/ the room darkened.

Second, one wall of our den (sorry for the flash - again really nice in person) - the central art work is a monotype lithograph (a Belgium artist living in Nigeria) - we love the African and Picasso-like figures - the masks have been collected over years; several are from Africa (given to us by my in-laws); several others from the Caribbean (the upper one in the center is actually leather w/ the face form around a mold; the lower right one also from there - both are likely from Haiti but I can't remember for sure); the one in the upper right is from Thailand (believe we bought that in a specialty shop in Portland, Maine).

If I indeed started a 'personal art' thread would take me weeks and I'd have to use my unipod w/ my little camera to avoid the flash effects - will think about the project? Hope that you enjoy - Dave :)
P1010998.JPG
P1010993.JPG

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Those are beautiful! One of these days when I'm a bit steadier I will show you my collected art! I have carved elephants I bought in Africa, I had a handmade necklace with a filigree mask, and sculptures ( local artists ) that I need to take photo's of.
My favorite sculpture is my camel! I wish I could show you right now!
Patience isn't my strong suit! thanks for posting those pictures Dave. I for one, really appreciate unusual art and handmade anything! My newest piece is a "Mola " from the San Blas Islands! I can show you a picture of that.
image.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Johanna! Very beautiful collections!
If I post on a thread am I automatically subscribed to it, like it used to be?
PS and what in the world are you doing up, as in not asleep? ???
Diane.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Johanna! Very beautiful collections!
If I post on a thread am I automatically subscribed to it, like it used to be?
PS and what in the world are you doing up, as in not asleep? ???
Diane.
Nature's call. :oops: I couldn't sleep again right afterwards, so I took a quick look.

Yes, when you post on a thread, you're "watching" it, as it's called now. :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpg
This is cool! Couldn't decide whether to put it here or "Facts...". Here won! I messed up but don't know how? JA - what do I do to fix it? OMGOSH! I fixed it!

Last edited:

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, for ALL who are looking @ those Josh Simpson glass globes - I could not resist, i.e. I wanted one, so went to his website HERE where orders can be placed online for a wide variety of his offerings (vases, globes, etc.) at various sizes & prices - take a look, if interested.

I did not want to pay a fortune, so just placed an order for a 4.25" (i.e. inches) globe - three pics below from different perspectives - looks beautiful and can't wait until it arrives (UPS maybe by the end of the week or early next week). Dave :)
View attachment 58469 View attachment 58470 View attachment 58471

A little world under glass.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
During our marching band rehearsal, I saw a faint rainbow. The following pictures were taken with my smartphone, thus the bad quality. I've edited them, hoping to make it a little bit more visible.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can barely see the rainbow. Pretty good for the camera on your phone.
It's my 2 years old SGS III. It doesn't really take good pictures, but I didn't have a better device with me.
I'm glad that the rainbow is visible, though, even if barely.

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can see the rainbow! It's beautiful! Imagine if you'd had your camera! Another picture of paradise! The one you took is I mean! [emoji39][emoji170]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts