What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I was writing my post about the Corning Museum of Glass in the travel forum, I was wanting to post some pics of the MANY beautiful objects on display - the works of Josh Simpson (quote from the web) were extraordinary - see below! Dave :)

Josh Simpson is one of America’s foremost glass artists. His blown glass platters, vessels, and sculptures are celebrated internationally for their extraordinary, complex beauty. His dreamlike planets and landscapes - of the seas, the skies and the heavens - are compelling and enigmatic. They are also technical feats without parallel.

Simpson’s ‘Visionary Landscapes Traveling Exhibition’ has made stops at museums in Florida, Texas, New York, Portugal, Spain and Singapore. His work resides in literally dozens of museums worldwide, including the Josh Simpson Glass Museum in Japan!
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 5.17.39 PM.png
simpsonwithmegaplanet.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I was writing my post about the Corning Museum of Glass in the travel forum, I was wanting to post some pics of the MANY beautiful objects on display - the works of Josh Simpson (quote from the web) were extraordinary - see below! Dave :)
They're beautiful! Is this the artist on your second picture?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, just got off my Facebook account (don't visit much) - my SIL posted an absolutely gorgeous looking moth - went to the website and the description is quoted below:

Comet moth, Argema mittrei, one of the most beautiful moths in the world. The Comet moth or Madagascan Moon Moth, is named after its long red 'tails'. The male has a wingspan of twenty centimeters and a tail span of fifteen centimeters, making it one of the world's largest silk moths. The adult moth cannot feed and only lives for 4 to 5 days.
155169_10152011512852499_2002167801_n.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They're beautiful! Is this the artist on your second picture?

Hi Johanna - yep, that is Josh Simpson - his 'globe' commissioned for the Corning Museum weighs 107 pounds (as shown in the pic) - quote below just a partial description of its creation - for more information, look HERE - Dave

The Corning Museum commissioned the 107-lb. paperweight, entitled Megaplanet, as the thousandth paperweight to enter its collection. Its creator is Josh Simpson, an artist based in Massachusetts who has been widely acclaimed for his vessels and sculpture that are inspired by the environment and by space exploration. For this occasion, Simpson has realized a wonder-provoking object. The work is more than 13 inches in diameter and is comprised of more than 30 layers of glass.
_glasss02.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, for ALL who are looking @ those Josh Simpson glass globes - I could not resist, i.e. I wanted one, so went to his website HERE where orders can be placed online for a wide variety of his offerings (vases, globes, etc.) at various sizes & prices - take a look, if interested.

I did not want to pay a fortune, so just placed an order for a 4.25" (i.e. inches) globe - three pics below from different perspectives - looks beautiful and can't wait until it arrives (UPS maybe by the end of the week or early next week). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 6.15.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 6.16.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 6.16.43 PM.png

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Johanna, You do live in Shanghai La!
Dave, why does the scale say 10,700? Do you know?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DAVE, great find! Where will you put it? I'd want to be able to see it from every angle but then it would have to be on a stand you can walk around and that would make it vulnerable! So where will you put it?
I tried to get your quote in here but haven't figured that out yet I see!
Well, for ALL who are looking @ those Josh Simpson glass globes - I could not resist, i.e. I wanted one, so went to his website HERE where orders can be placed online for a wide variety of his offerings (vases, globes, etc.) at various sizes & prices - take a look, if interested.

I did not want to pay a fortune, so just placed an order for a 4.25" (i.e. inches) globe - three pics below from different perspectives - looks beautiful and can't wait until it arrives (UPS maybe by the end of the week or early next week). Dave :)
Wow, I did it! YAY!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DAVE, great find! Where will you put it? I'd want to be able to see it from every angle but then it would have to be on a stand you can walk around and that would make it vulnerable! So where will you put it?
I tried to get your quote in here but haven't figured that out yet I see!

Not sure yet? We've been collecting art objects of all types (could start my own thread) since the early 1970s (so over 40 years!) - we have prints, collages, sculptures, kachinas, and now about a half dozen 'glass' works of art - I might build a stand w/ a light to shine from the bottom (did that w/ another similar glass work - will try to get a decent pic). Dave :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's what I thought you would do! Would you put it under glass to keep it safe?
I think everyone would enjoy your own thread of collected art? I sure would! Diane.

Most reactions