What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi TP - love the pony pic! NCSue & I got into horse riding about a half dozen years ago (my last experience was as a teenager) - bought helmets & boots and took them along on local car trips where the option to 'rent a horse' was available. After a couple of years, my wife (now we're entering our late 60s and she had a friend of similar age fall off a horse breaking her pelvis) became apprehensive, so we gave up the 'hobby' - donated our helmets to a local establishment that uses horses w/ retarded kids.

SORRY - long story - but below is a pic of us in '09 on a trip to Myrtle Beach (South Carolina coast) - took a ride w/ a guide along the shore - was fun! Dave :)

Thanks.

I spent much of my childhood on a farm/ranch, and rode horses in 4H. The last time I rode was in my mid 20's, as a part time job, riding around fields with a long hoe, weeding. I managed to last the day, but called in sick the next. It had been 5 years since I'd been on a horse, and I was having trouble walking, sitting, and standing. The idea of getting in the saddle the next day made me sick. :)

From learning to ride on an ornery shetland to raising my own colt, it was a wonderful experience. Well, the last incident wasn't so great, but it makes a good story.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but all things considered I've always preferred motorcycles over horses. They don't need to be fed on their days off, they don't poo in the garage, they aren't afraid of...well, everything, and if you get thrown off it's your own fault. :)

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They also don't come to the fence asking for an ear scratch and apple. Whether that is a plus or minus depends on you. :)

Well, my experience is limited both to horses & to motorcycles (although my brothers would be more positive about the latter); BUT, I must say that spending a couple of years w/ horses (just periodically as when we took lessons & rentals), I really felt a more 'warm' attachment - we took some lessons in our town town @ Hidden K Stables - Ken who runs the stables gave us lessons & his wife teaches Dressage @ Wake Forest University - the horses were wonderful - playful and seemed to really like you w/ their heads over your shoulder - don't think that a piece of metal could do that? ;) Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had to try another Astro Boy drawing.

This time I used the Sketch Club app, and tried to make the buildings in the background look like Seattle; which took longer than the rest of the sketch elements combined.

AstroBoyInSeattle.jpg
Astro Boy in Seattle

No challenge for this one, though I did do a similar quick sketch today on the same subject. The limitation was to use only certain tools. I was already in the middle of this drawing, and since I already had it more-or-less planned out, I winged it for the challenge. The result was kind of Astro like. I guess I need more practice before I take up street sketching for a living. :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My.....you're churning out some great works of art TP.......that Astro Boy is very good....love how you've done the background buildings!

Cute doggy too! ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My.....you're churning out some great works of art TP.......that Astro Boy is very good....love how you've done the background buildings!

Cute doggy too! ;)

Great sketching tp! Well, more than mere sketches. Love the colours!:)
Andrew

Thanks. I'll probably get bored and slack off soon, but I'm enjoying myself for now.

Most reactions

Latest posts