What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image album / viewer

Bubblecatcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i am new to ipads, but have been a long time mac user.

I have no plans to use the ipad for taking photos, but will use it to store and view images, both personal and professional.

I will use portfolio app for professional images, with this i simple create album and point it to a dropbox folder, it then syncs automatically.

For personal i wish to use another app, but am struggling to find a way to sync as simply as portfolio app?

I don't wish to use apple photos, and don't want 2 copies of photos on ipad. Needs to work offline.

Apps i have

Documents for managment file synching
photosync
Mypics

Documents and photosync both put copies ipad, Mypics can only import when using photosync.

Photosync also requires recreating albums.

Photosync will delete duplicates on ipad, but leaves empty folders.

I simple wish to have own folder structure on google drive and be able to import and sync with image viewer that uses my folder structure,

On my android phone it is very simple, google drive, drivesync, quickpic job done.

any ideas?

thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t it myself, but Google Photos is available for the iPad. I believe there is some kind of semi-automatic syncing available as well. I’m not sure what features are included, but since you meantioned Google Drive, I figured I should point out that most Google apps and services are avaialabve on iOS; if not always with the same features.

I do use Google Drive. While it is not my favorite cloud service, it works well enough. It also integrates with the Files app, which is handy. I occationaly use Google Drive and/or OneDrive to move files in/out of the iOS world.

For the most part I just use Photos and iCloud Photo Library. This was especially handy when I still had my Mac, but the iOS version may bve too limited.

If I was going to get serious, I’d probably look at Adobe Lightroom. (I really miss Aperture)

For portfolios, as long as they aren’t being updated a lot, I’d probably do a search for dedicated portfolio apps. There should be several.

OP
B

Bubblecatcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for reply,

i already have a portfoilio app, Portfolio for iPad app, works as describe in previous post.

I am a big user of google drive and photos, but these are online centric hence i use drivesync app on android to sync google drive folder to phones storage.

I can sync google drive folders, or any folders on my mac to ipad local storage so they can accessed without internet connection. What i can't find is image viewer that will view these folders as albums like quickpics does on android?

must can't see sync folder and or want to import into their own catalogue.

I don't wish to use apple photos or icloud, i already pay for large google drive.

thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts