What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm very new and sorry if I'm doing this wrong..

tizmary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my first apple product, ipad2... 3 months ago, love it, but still have a PC mentality sadly.. Like where the heck is the mouse? Lol
Also am looking for the very best app for Facebook to run on here? Can anybody help with that by chance?
Much appreciation if you can, but if I did this all wrong, my apologies.. I'm. Not usually a disruptive type person..

Thanks, Mary :)
Ps I'm from cloudy Florida and have four sons:)
Last question, if somebody replies will i be able to find it? Now that is the real question, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Mary.

If someone replies, the reply will be under your entry, just as this is.
Is that what you mean?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got my first apple product, ipad2... 3 months ago, love it, but still have a PC mentality sadly.. Like where the heck is the mouse? Lol
Also am looking for the very best app for Facebook to run on here? Can anybody help with that by chance?
Much appreciation if you can, but if I did this all wrong, my apologies.. I'm. Not usually a disruptive type person..

Thanks, Mary :)
Ps I'm from cloudy Florida and have four sons:)
Last question, if somebody replies will i be able to find it? Now that is the real question, huh?

Hi Mary--welcome to the forum!

Have you tried the Facebook app? Also, the app called "FERA" has also been recommended.

You can find both here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facebook/id284882215?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fera-hd-for-facebook-free/id449447927?mt=8 ...this is the free version. The paid version is $1.99.

Also, if you are using the IPF app, you will see your subscription setting light up with a number. That means you have responses to threads of have participated in or created.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
FERA huh? I hadn't hear of that one. I'll have to give it look. Thanks. :)

Given FaceBooks's tendency to change their API (Application Programming Interface) without notice, most of the better third party apps have been dying out. I'd like to see one stick around; and if nothing else, force FaceBook to work harder on their own app.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Mickey330 found it and shared it with another member in a different thread! :)

I haven't purchased it, but the FB app seems to load slowly again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, Mickey330 found it and shared it with another member in a different thread! :)

I haven't purchased it, but the FB app seems to load slowly again.

Just spent about 10 minutes playing with it. It doesn't use the iPad's FaceBook settings to log in. You have to do it manually. Crashed, a lot, while I was trying to explore the features.. Might just be me, though I did clear it from RAM three times and then reset the iPad, and there were at least a couple of reviews that said the same thing. The interface is interesting, if a bit busy for my taste.

I think I'll put it away in a folder and wait for the next update to see how it goes.

I did purchase it before trying the free version. Silly me, but I figured anyone willing to buck the official app is worth supporting, as long as it's only costing me two dollars anyway. ;)

And Mickey, if you're reading this, thanks for the tip.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just spent about 10 minutes playing with it. It doesn't use the iPad's FaceBook settings to log in. You have to do it manually. Crashed, a lot, while I was trying to explore the features.. Might just be me, though I did clear it from RAM three times and then reset the iPad, and there were at least a couple of reviews that said the same thing. The interface is interesting, if a bit busy for my taste.

I think I'll put it away in a folder and wait for the next update to see how it goes.

I did purchase it before trying the free version. Silly me, but I figured anyone willing to buck the official app is worth supporting, as long as it's only costing me two dollars anyway. ;)

And Mickey, if you're reading this, thanks for the tip.

Oh that's good to know, Twerppoet!

Maybe I'll try with the free version first! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am reading this - and you're welcome.

In my defense, I only use the Fera app to change my cover photo. Cause yeah, it's too busy. I like the simplicity of the the "official" Facebook app. Actually, I mainly look at Facebook on my iPhone.

It was just annoying that I couldn't (well, can't) change the cover photo within the official app. And, firing up my desktop PC just to change the cover is, well ... silly!

And yes, with the free version - you can change the cover app.

So, that's why I use it/recommend it. For to change the cover... :)

Marilyn

Who is rather annoyed to find herself so excited over an app that will allow her to do something on Facebook. Facebook! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh...can you get a refund?

No need, in my opinion. It is only $2, and the developers seem to be trying hard. I'd get a refund if I thought they were trying to scam me, because it would come out of alleged scammer's pocket. As is, any blame is my own, for not reading the reviews first, and not trying the free version first.

I'm inclined to forgive myself. I've wasted far more than $2 making foolish decisions. :D

Besides, the next update could fix everything. I'm sure the developers are hoping so.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am reading this - and you're welcome.

In my defense, I only use the Fera app to change my cover photo. Cause yeah, it's too busy. I like the simplicity of the the "official" Facebook app. Actually, I mainly look at Facebook on my iPhone.

It was just annoying that I couldn't (well, can't) change the cover photo within the official app. And, firing up my desktop PC just to change the cover is, well ... silly!

And yes, with the free version - you can change the cover app.

So, that's why I use it/recommend it. For to change the cover... :)

Marilyn

Who is rather annoyed to find herself so excited over an app that will allow her to do something on Facebook. Facebook! :)

Good to know.

It is possible to change the cover photo in Safari, but it tends to be a bit finicky, and you can't adjust the position. Somewhere I've got a post that covers about 2 and a half ways of doing it.

But I suppose I'm starting to drift a bit off topic. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mary and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Tutorial on creating posts on the Forum
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Most reactions