What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm on limera1n, is there a point of me going to greenpois0n?

Churka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am currently using the limera1n jailbreak.

Is there any reason for me to switch from the limera1n jailbreak to the greenpois0n jailbreak?

If so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is nothing different in either jailbreak. One does not do more then the other. They are both using the same exploits to achieve the jailbreak so it would be a waste of time to rejailbreak with Greenpois0n if your already jailbroken with Limera1n.

OP
C

Churka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, then what was the point of greenpois0n?
To support more devices?

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's like flying to your vacation with two different airlines. With both you fly in a 747 maybe painted different colours but in the end you get to the same vacation to do the exact same things.

No, there's no difference. Enjoy the jailbreak.

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greenpois0n was originally designed around the SHAtter exploit but Geohot released his Limera1n jailbreak to force the Chronic Dev Team to use his jailbreak to hopefully preserve SHAtter for the next generation of devices so Greenpois0n was rewritten to include Geohots exploit instead of wasting another bootrom level exploit.

OP
C

Churka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greenpois0n was originally designed around the SHAtter exploit but Geohot released his Limera1n jailbreak to force the Chronic Dev Team to use his jailbreak to hopefully preserve SHAtter for the next generation of devices so Greenpois0n was rewritten to include Geohots exploit instead of wasting another bootrom level exploit.

Yes, i knew this.

But why did greenpois0n release their jailbreak if a jailbreak was out?
Thats my question

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, i knew this.

But why did greenpois0n release their jailbreak if a jailbreak was out?
Thats my question

Probably because they put months of work into making the jailbreak only to have geohot release his the day before it was supposed to be released.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am currently using the limera1n jailbreak.

Is there any reason for me to switch from the limera1n jailbreak to the greenpois0n jailbreak?

If so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

If you have already Jaibroken with Limera1n then it is not recommeded to repeat the process with Greeinpois0n unless you do a factory reset of your device.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So when George refers to making them do "the right thing," he means that he is forcing them to reserve Shatter for a later date.

Thanks.

I wondered what he meant by that.

Most reactions

Latest posts