What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im new to the apple world question about itunes

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has iTunes ever changed?
I have a zume mp3 player which has a great feature that displays the artist history and other works while a song is playing. I love that. It also has HD radio built in.
I also have cowon j3 which let's you do other nice things
My point is that iTunes is very limited so is there any hope for future enhancements?
Don't get me wrong I am now a iPad nut just ask my family but along with that is still would like some minor tweaks to make it better

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to itunes too, but I do know that itunes does have a bunch of radio stations you can listen to.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I' m hoping for updates to add more features, so you cam more easily move and organize your collection. I don't if other feel the same way I do gut I have an extensive collection over14 gig and each and every sone mean soothing or takes me back to a time in my life.
So being able to organize, add note, lyrics and such is important to me

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
iTunes is constantly evolving, it's on version 10.something now, it didn't even have the iTunes store when it first launched in 2001, it wasn't until 2003 that was added, videos in 2005, apps in 2007 and much more features since. I'm not saying all the features are useful or needed (ping anyone?) but it is always moving on.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, not to be negative but just returning to Apple products after a 30 year hiatus - now own an iPod & a new iPad2 - not fond of iTunes nor the proprietary limits that Apple puts on its users to get into the innards of their OS & file system - just so use to using Windows Explorer and playing w/ Linux clones - ;)

Apple has a 'captured' and adoring audience for its products, but just my opinion - may be a slow updating process to get a version of iTunes to do all that you may desire - hope that it does occur! :)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many things which iTunes could do, like managing syncing, that could be less confusing and made easier for users. The problem is that iTunes today is the result of a simple product which has had additional features bolted on over the years, like videos and apps management, and expanded from supporting one product into a whole family of products.

If there's one major change I'd like to see from Apple, it'd be for their software engineers to rebuild iTunes with a better, easier-to-use user interface.

eddieras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never used iTunes...till I got my iPad. When I had to use iTunes to scan my mp3s to upload them I was impressed with The program and subsequent automatic syncing. Am I also correct that it automatically correctly tagged, leveled volume and downloaded the album art? Sad to say, I can't really remember!!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little research will find dozens of ways to make using iTunes easier. The problem is that iTunes was too successful and has too much available. If you are just looking around, it will take effort to find the genre that you want. Genius is an attempt to make it easier to find recommendations. One of the easiest way to organized your music, is to use the ratings. You can create up to 10 star rankings and use it any way you want to categorize your music. There are also dozens of ways to ID albums and songs. You can use type, artist, date, etc. There are ways to cut the weeds down, but you need to use the weedeater.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
There are many things which iTunes could do, like managing syncing, that could be less confusing and made easier for users. The problem is that iTunes today is the result of a simple product which has had additional features bolted on over the years, like videos and apps management, and expanded from supporting one product into a whole family of products.

If there's one major change I'd like to see from Apple, it'd be for their software engineers to rebuild iTunes with a better, easier-to-use user interface.

Me too there is ample room on my screen to place options which will allow you to tinker with your collection.
My issue is not with iTunes on my pc. It's iTunes on my iPod. I want to be able to do more on the fly. For example click on the album art and get other songs by that artist within my iPod iTunes player. To be able to see the first or latest songs is a wonderful addition they could easy add.

Most reactions

Latest posts