What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new, can anybody help me?

Topcat01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've had my iPad2 for about a year and I'm ashamed to say that I'm probably not using it to it's full potential as I seem to be missing the technological part of my brain!

For instance, I've been struggling a bit with copy and paste. I've looked at another thread which has helped me understand how to copy and paste text, links etc, but I don't know how I can copy an image from My Photos onto an email on my hotmail account?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

TC

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to your Photos app and find the photo you wish to e-mail. Press the curvy arrow (upper right) and then select the photo. In the upper left should be a "Copy" button; press that.

Then, go to your Mail app and start a new mail message. In the body of the e-mail, press and hold and you should get a pop-up that reads "Paste." Select that and your picture will appear. Rinse and repeat for the photos you wish to mail.

Do note, however, that this only works if you are using the Mail app. You can't do it if you are accessing your Hotmail account via the web (like in the Safari app). That's a different process because the photo will have to be uploaded to your account.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello TC - welcome to the forum! :)

First, have you obtained any manuals from Apple for your iPad2? Check HERE and download the newest user guide (including iOS6 - assume that you have upgraded) to your device.

Second, I just finished the newly released 5th edition of the book below - excellent and just a $10 Kindle purchase from Amazon that you can also put on your iPad (obtain the Kindle app if not already done). Good luck & let us know your progress! Dave

Attachments

• MyiPad5thEdWeb.jpg
    MyiPad5thEdWeb.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 274
OP
T

Topcat01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, thanks.

That all sounded great until I got to the bit about not being able to do that on a hotmail account (via Safari) :-(
So my next question is.....do you know how to upload the photos to my Hotmail account
TC

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Marilyn, thanks.
That all sounded great until I got to the bit about not being able to do that on a hotmail account (via Safari) :-(
So my next question is.....do you know how to upload the photos to my Hotmail account
TC

Hi again TC - as already well stated, Marilyn's explanation works fine if you have setup the native Mail app on the iPad w/ your Hotmail account - I use Yahoo Mail and pasting photos can be done easily in the Mail app; the manual/book mentioned in my previous post explains this procedure well, or take a look at this Apple Mail Support Article - good luck & please post back if still have a problem or if undecided about using the Mail app! Dave

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn, thanks.

TC

See, I just knew you were going to come back and say you were viewing your Hotmail account via Safari! :D

If you don't want to put the Hotmail account on your iPad (using the most excellent directions from Giradman), then I've got some suggestions:

1) Use a browser that will let you upload photos. I hear that iCab Mobile works pretty good (tho I've never tried it).

2) Put the photos in a cloud storage account, such as Dropbox. With the Dropbox app, you can upload the photos directly from your iPad. Then, you can copy the link and paste it into your e-mail. This works pretty good - especially since you won't be sending huge photos to your recipient(s). They'll just be getting links that they can open later at their leisure. This also works with online photo management products/apps such as Photobucket...

3) Send an e-mail from your default iPad mail address to your Hotmail e-mail address. Put the pictures in the e-mail as I described. Then, go to your Hotmail account on the web, open that e-mail and then forward it to the person you originally intended.

That's about all the ideas I have. Hopefully, some of them will help. Holler back if you need more details on any of them.

Marilyn

OP
T

Topcat01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok ok people!!! Clearly I was wearing my stupid shoes and had no clue that I could link my hotmail account to my iPad! You will be relieved to know I have now done that :eek:

Sorry for testing your patience!

Thanks TC

OP
T

Topcat01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this Dave. Definitely think I should check some of these out

TC

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Most reactions

Latest posts