I'm happy to have been first on line at BB

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by slimbabe., Nov 1, 2013.

1. slimbabe.

slimbabe.
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Being from NYC lets just say I'm conditioned for crowds. So I'm an hour and thirty minutes early for an early opening at Best Buy located in a certain suburb of NYC
    Nice town IMHO. I arrive to an empty parking lot . By 7:30 am there is only 3 of us on line.5 total by the 8am early opening. Walked out with my 64 gig ,black ip air without issue but it seemed Best Buy had a set up ready to handle a crowd.
    So far I'm liking the air . Why I see or detect a slight difference in retina quality from my ipad3 I don't know but the ipad 3 ( new ipad ) seems deeper in color ...
    I do have 20/20 but who knows.
    I also hope another ipad does not come out 4 months from now. What apple needs to do is get to polishing ios7.0.3 ASAP. Anyway, enjoy your new devices everyone

#1 slimbabe., Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. dwhygienist

dwhygienist
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Envy- i go tomorrow to pick up mine- i did a pre-order and am going to an applestore . I just like the experience there. Even if there is a line, I can just walk into the store, show my paperwork and I will be at a bench setting up my Air prior to leaving the store- now to see if the new cases I purchased fit- the company guaranteed it . i went with a 64 gig Silver/ white- wish they did the gold- looks good on the iPhone-

3. hoopybunny

hoopybunny
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    do you mind me asking where you got your case? I picked up my ipad air yesterday but am looking for a nice case. many thanks

4. applechick

applechick
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    i got one at Walmart but it's not a great one and it cost me $40 ! But I needed one ASAP so I got it. Will try to replace it soon.

5. dwhygienist

dwhygienist
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered through Amazon the line is Poetic I think the company is smart shop online- Stay with the solid colors0 I got one of the 12.99 print ones too- it not only did not fit, it did not even have a hole for the camera- the 1.99 one was fine.
    I reached out to the company and they will be sending me a replacement for the print one- fast response to my e-mail too

6. slimbabe.

slimbabe.
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Best Buy seemed prepared for crowds. They had a relatively large display if air cases. Just air cases. If you inquired they pointed you in its direction. I put mine directly into a griffin survivor because it worked well on my new ipad (3) .
    This Best Buy did not get the opening crowd they prepared for but two towns over the Best Buy did get a waiting crowded line to form. Just an interesting note with no significant point to it. I drove out to the sticks to buy the device at this particular BB and it paid off with no waiting. Showed up at 6:40am for an unusual, early 8am opening.
    They had Folio cases and keyboard cases along with the drop safe cases which I purchased. $79. Griffin Survivor.
    I'm liking the air but still attached to my ip3. It's flawless condition means someone will get a good deal on a 32 gig Black .
    Good luck , Enjoy