What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm happy to have been first on line at BB

slimbabe.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being from NYC lets just say I'm conditioned for crowds. So I'm an hour and thirty minutes early for an early opening at Best Buy located in a certain suburb of NYC
Nice town IMHO. I arrive to an empty parking lot . By 7:30 am there is only 3 of us on line.5 total by the 8am early opening. Walked out with my 64 gig ,black ip air without issue but it seemed Best Buy had a set up ready to handle a crowd.
So far I'm liking the air . Why I see or detect a slight difference in retina quality from my ipad3 I don't know but the ipad 3 ( new ipad ) seems deeper in color ...
I do have 20/20 but who knows.
I also hope another ipad does not come out 4 months from now. What apple needs to do is get to polishing ios7.0.3 ASAP. Anyway, enjoy your new devices everyone

Last edited:

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Envy- i go tomorrow to pick up mine- i did a pre-order and am going to an applestore . I just like the experience there. Even if there is a line, I can just walk into the store, show my paperwork and I will be at a bench setting up my Air prior to leaving the store- now to see if the new cases I purchased fit- the company guaranteed it . i went with a 64 gig Silver/ white- wish they did the gold- looks good on the iPhone-

hoopybunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you mind me asking where you got your case? I picked up my ipad air yesterday but am looking for a nice case. many thanks

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you mind me asking where you got your case? I picked up my ipad air yesterday but am looking for a nice case. many thanks
i got one at Walmart but it's not a great one and it cost me $40 ! But I needed one ASAP so I got it. Will try to replace it soon.

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered through Amazon the line is Poetic I think the company is smart shop online- Stay with the solid colors0 I got one of the 12.99 print ones too- it not only did not fit, it did not even have a hole for the camera- the 1.99 one was fine.
I reached out to the company and they will be sending me a replacement for the print one- fast response to my e-mail too

OP
S

slimbabe.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy seemed prepared for crowds. They had a relatively large display if air cases. Just air cases. If you inquired they pointed you in its direction. I put mine directly into a griffin survivor because it worked well on my new ipad (3) .
This Best Buy did not get the opening crowd they prepared for but two towns over the Best Buy did get a waiting crowded line to form. Just an interesting note with no significant point to it. I drove out to the sticks to buy the device at this particular BB and it paid off with no waiting. Showed up at 6:40am for an unusual, early 8am opening.
They had Folio cases and keyboard cases along with the drop safe cases which I purchased. $79. Griffin Survivor.
I'm liking the air but still attached to my ip3. It's flawless condition means someone will get a good deal on a 32 gig Black .
Good luck , Enjoy

Most reactions

Latest posts