What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm facing problem ibook

Sameer12790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't access iBook, I can't buy any book, what should I do, I have access to apple store, but I can't add ant new categories. I need some advice. Thank you

Reaction score
Sameer12790 said:
I can't access iBook, I can't buy any book, what should I do, I have access to apple store, but I can't add ant new categories. I need some advice. Thank you

I hope you don't mind me asking a few silly questions.

Have you downloaded the iBooks app from the AppStore? If not, please do so.

What happens, when you open iBooks and you select Store, from the top left corner?

OP
S

Sameer12790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
I hope you don't mind me asking a few silly questions.

Have you downloaded the iBooks app from the AppStore? If not, please do so.

What happens, when you open iBooks and you select Store, from the top left corner?

Dear
I download iBooks app and it's working fine
I can view the store, but only for the free books, when i try to search for any book like Java Script I can't
I can't add any categories

OP
S

Sameer12790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't happen to be on a jailbroken iPad and used redsn0w to jb it?

I don't use jailbreak
What you mean here....... iPad and used redsn0w to jb it?

Reaction score
Sameer12790 said:
I don't use jailbreak
What you mean here....... iPad and used redsn0w to jb it?

I was just wondering, because the redsn0w jailbreak used to cause errors with iBooks payed books, as those have a DRM protection.

But since your iPad is not jailbroken, is this train of thought irrelevant.

Going back to your previous post, when you search the store for 'Java Script', it shows no books at all?

You can always restart iBooks, to see, whether this is just a temporary iBooks issue, to do so:

-press the home button twice to enter the Multitaskbar
-press onto the iBooks icon, until it starts wiggling
-select the red circle to close iBooks
-press the home button again to return to the home screen and check, whether the issue persists.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The availability of books depends on your country. It is possible that only the free books are available in your country's iBooks Store.

This is a fairly common problem. Different copyright laws and other differences in law or just corporate policy make for huge differences in what you can find from one country to another. Be nice if everyone decided to play nice, but it's probably not going to happen soon.

Stanza is a reader that appears to be available in most countries, and they have several book stores built in. It might be worth your while to pick it up and see if you can find what you want there. It's not as nice a reader as iBooks, but that doesn't matter if you can't find the book you want.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@twerppoet,

that is a sensible point. If iBooks is not available due to copyright issues, there is little one can do, apart from using different apps. The Kindle app also works well.

I saw his location was listed as KSA, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

There was someone else here a few weeks ago who couldn't get iBooks or Kindle in his country (Malaysia I think), but Stanza was available. That's why I recommended it.

But if Kindle is available it is going to be a better choice for available titles.

Stanza is a good fallback for when nothing else works. It has some offbeat book stores, and support for a wide variety of formats. And when you are broke it's got lots of free books, more than just the usual Gutenberg collection.

OP
S

Sameer12790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I saw his location was listed as KSA, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

There was someone else here a few weeks ago who couldn't get iBooks or Kindle in his country (Malaysia I think), but Stanza was available. That's why I recommended it.

But if Kindle is available it is going to be a better choice for available titles.

Stanza is a good fallback for when nothing else works. It has some offbeat book stores, and support for a wide variety of formats. And when you are broke it's got lots of free books, more than just the usual Gutenberg collection.

Thank you man for your advice, and I will download stanza app to view it

OP
S

Sameer12790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@twerppoet,

that is a sensible point. If iBooks is not available due to copyright issues, there is little one can do, apart from using different apps. The Kindle app also works well.

Thank you man for your help

OP
S

Sameer12790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You are welcome. I don't know how much luck you'll have finding tech books, but it's worth a look.

Thank you
I try to search for tech book but no luck, I did one thing I change my address to USA in apple ID but still
Every thing as it is .
I don't now what I have to do.

wendelld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use VPN EXPRESS from appstore, while on vpn your ip address will be that of UK or US IP.You will be able to download books now.

Most reactions

Latest posts