What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm excited... I think...

Eccentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a brand new noobi to the iPad I'm still in a state of amazement as to it's versatility while a bit surprised by some of it's limitations...

AS a willing pc convert I look forward to repenting of Microsoft altogether, however I have some very basic issues that need to be addressed before that can happen.

I would describe myself as proficient on pc's but that stands for naught on the iPad.

That is why I've joined this forum.

I'm placing this comment here because having nearly finished this post I scrolled up to edit it and now cannot find a way to scroll back down to the end to finish - There seems to be no 'scroll with a window' function... The whole page scrolls down.

This could prove to be embarrassing...

Opening .wmv file attachments in emails is proving to be a challenge - my iPad keeps trying to use 'Goodreader' as the default program which is a nuisance because it won't open .wmv files and I haven't yet figured out the conversion process or how to change default programs.

I'm facing a few challenges, which make this transition so interesting.

Thank you in advance for setting up this website.

OP
Eccentric

Eccentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to reedit my first post but ran into the same problem of not being to scroll the actual post in the edit screen.

I'm sure there is an extremely simple answer, I just have to find it...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome from Brisbane Australia enjoy our forum. Any questions just ask.

First scrolling select text in box then use two fingers and it will scroll down or up. I will let other answer your other issues.

Col.Bris Super Moderator

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was excited once, but that's another story.
Your problem is that this forum is hosted on a website designed for keyboard and mouse users, and can sometimes be difficult for finger control. Especially selecting subsequent pages. The price we pay to be cutting edge.......

Sadly like Col I've no idea how to access wmv's in email as I've never received one.

OP
Eccentric

Eccentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Hasty, Col answered my scrolling problem.

As to the .wmv file issue it seems I won't be able to cut the pc umbilical cord just yet.

I'm surprised that the vlc player app for iPad doesn't have an option to allow it to be used as the default media player for opening .wmv attachments.

In my pc I've found it brilliant - it'll open just about anything...

As it appears to be effectively impotent on an iPad I'm not sure why it would be offered as an app.

I'm on a steep learning curve.

Most reactions

Latest posts