What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im dissapointed in the lack of quality control on ipad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it is a matter of perspective.
There are arguments to support their QC stinks.
There are arguments to support it is great.
Yada, yada.............

In the end, when a company gets way too big and has to rely on many vendors, things will always go array.
Anyone expecting perfection needs to understand that just doesn't exist in this world I personally live in.

What matters to me is that overall, does the company make a great product and if things go array, are they willing to addreess it.
For me, Apple does.
For some, it may not.
Opinions are like..........., well most know the rest.

As an analogy, can anyone say T O Y O T A?
Riding on top of the world one day, products gone to poop the next.
It happens.
Life is too short to debate what one feels with anyone who has equally valid reasons to disagree.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I already PM'd to SweetPoison, I was calling the example as such and not the person. Regardless, I apologize. Didn't know that would be considered "insulting".

I just get tired of apologists for any of their favorite tech. Android people do it all the same (I have a Thunderbolt phone, iPad2 for tablet). Whenever anything QC comes up they have to make excuses. Apple screwed up here -- let's not just gloss over it.
I dont see anyone glossing over or apologizing for Apple. Posting that their iPad is not broken isn't apologizing, its simply reporting facts. Apple is replacing any iPads that are defective even if they have to wait for more stock to come in.

Excellent quality control goes way beyond how products work right off the assembly line. It extends to providing quality assurance at the point of purchase. And Apple is doing that extremely well.

Making excuses for quality control is definitely glossing over the problem.

"I don't have the issue so not a big deal"

Actually, yes, its a big deal. Same as Antenna-gate -- it's real and it's a problem. I guess I'm holding my iPad 2 wrong if I'm getting this backlight issue? lol

The antenna issue was a design flaw. Exchanging the iPhone doesn't fix it.

The display issue was due to flawed parts from a manufacturer. The manufacturer has eliminated the problem, and Apple is happily replacing any affected iPads whenever the customer wants.

If someone has the problem and doesn't want to wait 3 weeks for a brand new ipad, they have the option of holding on to what they have and exchange sometime in the next year when iPads are more available.

Cheers.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can safely say after today, having going through 4 new out of the box ipad 2s....the quality control hasnt improved at all.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i can safely say after today, having going through 4 new out of the box ipad 2s....the quality control hasnt improved at all.

We recently deployed nearly 5000 iPads for a corporate contract with 6 defective units. I think that's outstanding quality control.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
We recently deployed nearly 5000 iPads for a corporate contract with 6 defective units. I think that's outstanding quality control.
And did you inspect every single one under bright light for backlight bleed, scratches, dents, dust under screen, dead pixels, stuck pixels, uneven backlighting, etc?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. 5000 users did their own acceptance testing.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Nope. 5000 users did their own acceptance testing.

I bet they didn't do it thorough like me. To be honest the avg iPad owner just opens it, looks at it in mid quality light and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts