What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im about to ask a stupid question.

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased displayout last night and I have the Apple av cables. Here is what I want do do, but I think its impossible. My car (Pontiac G8) has a built in screen for the radio/hvac. I just bought the panhlldr mount because I already have the dash mount and I dont want to do any customizing. Here is my question. Lets say I have navigation going on the Ipad screen. Can I display a different app on my cars screen? I seen you could do it on a mac/pc, but I couldnt find what I was looking for.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't say the question is stupid, but that doesn't change the answer from a No.

There is more than one reason, but it's getting late and I'm all typed out for the day.

OP
M

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I knew the answer would be no. Now if I could make it happen, I would be a millionaire.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it has been done! But, you need to know a thing or two about electronics. It was most recently done on a Nissan minivans monitor. He can display data from his iPad or his Ham radio equipment.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The OP is asking about full multitasking with two monitors, each running a different app. I'm pretty sure your example is simply displaying the current app running on the iPad.

Glahhahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help.can't send multiple email on bcc,done it before,but can't do it now,it won't send
Thanks

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, while you could send the display to a separate display there is no way to run another app on a separate display. Better off just mounting the iPad in the car.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops, sorry I misunderstood the question.

OP
M

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, while you could send the display to a separate display there is no way to run another app on a separate display. Better off just mounting the iPad in the car.
My idea was to have 1 app (navigation) going on the Ipad and another app showing on the screen in my car (dash command).

Most reactions

Latest posts