What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a "casualty" of copy right battles

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded a bunch of e-book samples from Amazon for my kindle app. After reading them, and choosing one I really liked, I went to buy it only to find that it was no longer available for download in the U.S. Bummer, it's seems to have disappeared from everywhere (still avail. in print though).

Yeah, I know, boo hoo.
I'm just venting :(

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know... It's the third of a series (I've read the first two). It was available last week, but not now.
I imagine that it was part of the whole "Apple, Google, Amazon Cloud/download " situation. But, again, I don't really know. The little "blurb" on Amazon said something about copy right, something, something. 

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Brass Man, by Neal Asher. 3rd in the Ian Cormac series. I think it came out in 2005, or there abouts. (SiFi)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, copyrights are often a maze - I was one of 3 editors on a basic book on radiology for medical students recently - it's on Amazon now w/ a Kindle edition - we were not asked at all to offer it in that format since the publisher owns the copyright - they did not even offer me a 'free' e-copy! But I'll still make some royalties on the hard copy at least (not sure if the Kindle version also provides royalties) - :(

P.S. for those interested, the book is shown below - :)

41uQai1rOhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Well, copyrights are often a maze - I was one of 3 editors on a basic book on radiology for medical students recently - it's on Amazon now w/ a Kindle edition - we were not asked at all to offer it in that format since the publisher owns the copyright - they did not even offer me a 'free' e-copy! But I'll still make some royalties on the hard copy at least (not sure if the Kindle version also provides royalties) - :(

P.S. for those interested, the book is shown below - :)

Off topic but I used that book in studying for my radiologic tech boards. Great book thanks for your work.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Off topic but I used that book in studying for my radiologic tech boards. Great book thanks for you work.

Boy, I'm shocked to receive a response from one that used the book to study for tech qualifications! :)

Glad that you felt the book helpful - actually our 3rd edition (change of publisher name) - thanks for your comments! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts