What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illuminating Apple Logo

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the back of the device? There is no light of any kind behind the logo to make it glow. You could probably buy a third party back but you would have to modify the iPad. Or you could probably buy a shell that had that feature

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
is there an illuminating apple logo mod for the iPad?
I believe that there is a third party modification for iPhones that requires you to remove the back of the phone to install the illuminated logo which gets its power from the display connector. It's a lot more than just adding a new tweak and will definitely void your warranty if installed.
I haven't heard of any similar modification for the iPad,though.
This modification was available late last year and I don't know if it's still available.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whitecobra said:
You could paint over the logo with glow in the dark paint.

Somehow, I don't think that's what the OP had in mind.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Put a flashlight to the front screen and look at the back!:p

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that for Macbook Pros (and probably Airs), if bright sunlight shines to the back, you can see some sort of outline of the apple logo when the screen is off.

Edit: on the front of the screen.
Sent from K48AP, the classic

Aesop20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you could do that then you could definitely take advantage of one of these bad boys!

il_570xN.382989613_hv9i.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts