What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ijoan here

IJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded new operating system on I pad 2 All seems up and working but it won't stop searching ---all day. Turned off/on. Still searching. How do I stop it?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please explain what you mean by "searching". I believe that information may assist others in helping you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just downloaded new operating system on I pad 2 All seems up and working but it won't stop searching ---all day. Turned off/on. Still searching. How do I stop it?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) What iOS did you upgrade from and to? Did you try a 'Reset' (hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both and allow the iPad to reboot?) - give us some more details, please. Dave

OP
I

IJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OP
I

IJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The little circle in left corner keeps going around and around. Where are the on/off and home button?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The little circle in left corner keeps going around and around. Where are the on/off and home button?

OK - you seem to be quite unfamiliar w/ the iPad - both buttons should be obvious to a routine user - is this your device or a new acquisition - just saying? BUT, for the sake of honesty, the pic below will show you the location of these important buttons - :) Dave
Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 9.46.06 PM.png

OP
I

IJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh thank you so much. Had iPad years but am so not tech savvy. Again thanks soooo much. All set

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That little circle in the left corner is showing that there is some activity with regard to an app. Usually, if you press the home button, the app should go into the background and the circle will disappear. If the circle is visible while you're at the home screen (the main screen with all of your icons) it means that the system is busy. You can ignore the "busy" circle, it won't harm anything.

If you want to learn more about your iPad, there is a nice user guide (.PDF file) from Apple, available here: iPad User Guide

Most reactions

Latest posts