What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IIOS 6 - lots of issues

johnpsz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so noob question, should I upgrade? I jsut got this iPad and was clicking though settings last night and it downloaded the iOS 6 last night, but I didn't install it because I was downloading videos too, should I install it? I am soo new to the iPad that I wouldn't know what I lost or gained with this, and just bought the thing Wednesday night (less than 2 days ago), I cannot believe there is an OS update that was not applied, should I just install this and go on with life?

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now I'm just getting used to IOS 6 it seems fine, one or two glitches which I am sure will be sorted by Apple. It would be useful tho' to have some sort of definitive guide. I couldn't find Siri installed then it suddenly appeared. I am then told you have to hold the home button down to start it. Alright for people who already know such things but it would make life easier to be informed somehow. Also on first kick starting IOS 6 you are taken to a Wi-Fi select screen and an annoying box keeps popping up. I am later told to just tap the 'next' button and to ignore it! Very confusing but now things have settled down I am beginning to enjoy it.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I did my update, the iPad restarted and in the process of doing so, asked me if I wanted to activate Siri. When I said yes, it then explained how to use it.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Sue,

I wish! I was not given any options or information but can't complain now, all seems to be running smoothly.........fingers crossed!

Felicia1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maps is awful, it works on my phone but it is unable to determine my current location even though it is enabled, Siri can't find me either not sure what that's about...... Anyone else having issues like that?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
johnpsz said:
so noob question, should I upgrade? I jsut got this iPad and was clicking though settings last night and it downloaded the iOS 6 last night, but I didn't install it because I was downloading videos too, should I install it? I am soo new to the iPad that I wouldn't know what I lost or gained with this, and just bought the thing Wednesday night (less than 2 days ago), I cannot believe there is an OS update that was not applied, should I just install this and go on with life?

Yes John, why not go ahead and upgrade? That's the point, having just bought your new machine you don't know what to lose or gain with going to iOS6, and what do you care man! What you can know is that you will have the latest lovely iPad with the latest operating system available and as you say" can go on with life" enjoying and exploring all the nice things it offers.

I suspect there are a number of people who are ready to soak up every negative comment about their "terrible losses" compared to the old superseded iOS5 when they had little or no use for what was "lost" in the first place. If they do genuinely mourn those losses, it's probable that Apple will improve/rectify matters to make their life more bearable.

The new iOS6 system upgrade came on stream only about 10 or so days ago, so it's not surprising your new iPad still came with iOS5 and like other recent iPad purchasers is capable of being upgraded. If you want to, of course, and it boils down to your choice entirely having assessed all the Pro and Con opinions. Just charge up the battery and then go for it!

Regards, Andrew

Most reactions