What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iGigBook Question

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have many PDFs of sheetmusic on my iPad using iBook. For many of the PDFs iBook works fine. But one of my favorite PDFs has small and off center images. Of course I can easily enlarge the image and center it. But both of those actions have to be performed for EVERY PAGE. I've looked at the iGigBook marketing material and it claims that you can "Zoom level lock - Pinch zoom to make it big and sharp, then lock it down for all subsequent pages". That'd be great, but how about the centering? Could I lock that down too so that subsequent pages were not only enlarged but centered as well?

Also, what does this mean ... "Import PDF Table of Contents - iGigBook can import the table of contents of any PDF and autonatically create bookmarks for you."? It sounds like this is useful only if I can find somewhere on the internet a machine readable table of contents for one of my PDFs in a form which iGigBook understands. Is that the case?

I know that $14.99 is not a lot of money but (God was not good to me) I am not a professionsl musician - so many of the very nifty functions will be meaningless to me. I can't afford $14.99 just for the pleasure of evaluating the product.

Thanks very much, Bob

randysitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering it too for the fake books. Can't find info on how to download and use them and if you have to pay by song for the scores. We need more info on this one.

BassPlaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The zoom and lock does work for all pages, but each page would need to be offset by the same amount.

Many PDF documents have a table of contents, so that when you select an entry you go to the page in the document that it points to. If a PDF has a table of contents, that can be imported and searched along with the other indexed books.

iGigBook being a sheet music manager doesn't provide any fakebooks or sheet music, you must provide that content yourself. The exception to that is a transposing PDF that has over 1,000 Jazz chord charts and a PDF of Jazz Standards that are out of copyright. These two items are automatically downloaded to your device when you select their index.

OP
B

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you BassPlaya. I have now purchased iGigbook. I hope you see and respond to the question I am about to post but in a new thread.

Thanks, Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts