What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFunBox problem data transferring into .app file

Rob_Smyth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello please help me. I have a problem while transferring some files (.png, .tga, .ttf and others) into a .app file. Device is jailed, have never jailbroke before or attempted to. It gets stuck. Please look at this it explains most of it:

Text in the notepad window:
As you can see, it attempts to
overwrite the files, but stays at
0.0MB then stops and reports
that the device is idle. Things I
have done before starting:

Ran iFunBox2014.exe
as administrator,
Used original apple cable,
Kept iPad screen unlocked,
Force closed MinecraftPE
before modifying files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most apps are "locked down" by the developer (and with help of Apple design). Generally speaking, on a stock iPad, you can't get into the file system to add files and such.

This appears to be one such case. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Rob_Smyth

Rob_Smyth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most apps are "locked down" by the developer (and with help of Apple design). Generally speaking, on a stock iPad, you can't get into the file system to add files and such.

Marilyn
Hey buddy thanks for your help. Actually what you said is not true since loads of other people have completed this successfully, when their devices are not jailbroken and when they are on stock. Thanks though. I have re-installed ifunbox many times already.

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Marilyn

Hey buddy thanks for your help. Actually what you said is not true since loads of other people have completed this successfully, when their devices are not jailbroken and when they are on stock. Thanks though. I have re-installed ifunbox many times already.

Yea, even I have tried playing around with iFunbox, and it is possible to get into the file system of the various apps installed.

BTW, what do you mean by 'the device is jailed', when you have not attempted to jailbreak it? Could you please tell us the directory where you are trying to replace the files?

Last edited:
OP
Rob_Smyth

Rob_Smyth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, even I have tried playing around with iFunbox, and it is possible to get into the file system of the various apps installed.

BTW, what do you mean by 'the device is jailed', when you have not attempted to jailbreak it? Could you please tell us the directory where you are trying to replace the files?
When I say the device is jailed it means it isn't jailbroken.
I'm sorry but I don't actually know which directory it is in, but in iFunBox I went to /User Applications/Minecraft PE/minecraft pe.app
Sorry, I am a total noob as you can see :)

Most reactions

Latest posts