What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFunBox on a jailed device

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've only tried iFunBox on jailbroken iDevices, so I'm curious - does it also give you access to the file system on a non-jailbroken device? If so, is it read-only?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It does. And situationally. User data can be manipulated, system data can't be AFAIK. Same goes for iExplorer.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So you can copy, for instance, media files directly to the Buzz Player's folder. But can you even rename the camera shutter sound files to *.bak (so it doesn't make that preposterous noise when taking photos), or does this count as system data already?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't change anything which Apple would not normally let you change, so no.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I can see, all these "iTunes alternatives" (iFunbox, iExplorer, DiskAid, TouchCopy...) offer pretty much the same access to "App file sharing" folders and to whatever's allowed of the file system. Is keeping timestamps of files/folders that are copied using these tools possible in any way, or is this also one of the limitations? It would make it easier to compare if the files transferred to the iDevice had the same timestamps as their originals on the computer; but they are timestamped with the time of transfer instead.
(I know I can keep timestamps in sync with WinSCP over SSH, for instance, but that's only possible on jailbroken devices.)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to shut off the "shutter" noise when taking photographs you can just slide the mute switch. I tried it and it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts